A10 with aftermarket glass bed - levelling issues.

Whytewolf

A10 with aftermarket glass bed - levelling issues.

Post by Whytewolf » Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:03 pm

(Previously in the wrong forum)

Hi all,
I've recently been gifted a second hand G10 with a Creality Glass bed on it. I'm having an issue where auto home will try and put the nozzle a couple of mm into the glass bed. I've tightened the bed down as tight as i can get it but with the aftermarket bed on it's still too high for the nozzle. I can manually adjust the z axis to put it in the right spot but the bed levelling procedure just ignores it and resets into the bed. All the videos I've seen mention the Z-offset which I think is what I need to access, but it seems like this is done after bed levelling. I'm brand new to 3D Printing so I'm not sure what information from videos applies to my machine and it's difficult to find videos specifically about the A10 (and not the A10M).

I'm also concerned about the bulldog clips that attach the glass bed to the original bed. they seem like they could get caught in the print head (auto home just snagged one the first time I did it). Should those clips be in very specific positions if so, can anyone point me towards some instructions?

Any help with either of these issues would be greatly appreciated, I'm quite eager to start printing XD

aidave

Re: A10 with aftermarket glass bed - levelling issues.

Post by aidave » Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:29 am

Did you figure this out?

I would look into your start Gcode instructions.

Also you can just put the clips on the front and back, not on the sides.