Reversed extruder(fixed)

forestlapointe

Reversed extruder(fixed)

Post by forestlapointe » Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:21 am

So before you say it, yes, I'm aware that there is already a forum post on how to fix this issue, however either I'm not understanding it correctly, or it does not include the material relevant to my printer, and pointing me to that forum is not helpful.
My printer is the Geeetech A10T, triple extruder with a GT2560 type board, I've installed the 3d touch auto-leveler and flashed the firmware to include support for that.
I installed Ultimaker Cura and used that to update my firmware, however it did not allow me to update the configuration.h header file, so I installed the Arduino interface but not only will it not open .h files, but I also can't figure out how to get it to interact with my printer. While reading through the forum post on how to fix an extruder that's running in reverse, it gave me a link to follow if I were using a GT2560 board, however none of the available files on that page matched my printer.
I tried watching a number of youtube videos, but they either linked files that didn't exist anymore, or referenced methods that, regardless of being the same printer or board, just didn't work for one reason or another.
I would be very appreciative if anyone can help, I've been wanting to join the 3d printing community for a while now, and have been trying to get my printer to work for about 2 weeks now (every time I solve one problem, another seams to pop up, and I'm really hoping this is the last one)

Edit: found what I assume to be the right firmware, but I'm having new problems now...

gopher

Re: Reversed extruder(fixed)

Post by gopher » Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:27 pm

Hi! For compiling fw you should install visual studio code and platformio plugin for this.

It's much more easier than arduino ide, source code you can find on official geeetech github, but it's quite old( but works. And if you have gt2560 v4 - it have the same pinout like v3 :lol:

And you can try marlin 2.0 from vertabreak!

Wilsooleman

Post by Wilsooleman » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:38 pm

Reversed extruder fixed now. You are waiting to provide some better stuff, But this error make some bad moments on resumeprofessionalwriters com reviews page but that couldn't be important because this type of material need some change and also need some other platform for work.

memphisinspectors

Post by memphisinspectors » Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:20 pm

Very informative post! I have the same issue and you just give me the solution. Thank you so much.

Roof inspections in Memphis

vgarth

Post by vgarth » Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:14 pm

It was good fix