A10 with 3DTouch upgraded to Marlin 2.0 not auto homing on Z-axis

mr_fosi

A10 with 3DTouch upgraded to Marlin 2.0 not auto homing on Z-axis

Post by mr_fosi » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:55 am

Hi all.

I've been having troubles with my A10. When I couldn't get it to talk to Octoprint, I decided to upgrade the firmware.

I had to unplug 6 of the sensor inputs to get the board to communicate with my PC, but now that it's upgraded I don't have to do that anymore.

Now, the trouble is that I seem to have misconfigured the firmware in some way such that it will not home down to the Z-stop switch. In fact, it doesn't move the Z-axis down at all during auto homing or bed leveling. Y-axis and Z-axis are fine.

TLDR: Does anyone have the firmware parameters that would allow me to use both my 3DTouch and my Z-stop switch?

Thanks!

William
Site Admin

Re: A10 with 3DTouch upgraded to Marlin 2.0 not auto homing on Z-axis

Post by William » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:09 am

Hi, you can try to download the corresponding firmware on the official website,
Then upload it using the firmware kit.
You can refer to:viewtopic.php?f=20&t=69684
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

mr_fosi

Post by mr_fosi » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:51 am

Thanks, William.

I decided to downgrade to the official GT2560V3 1.1.8 w/3D Touch hex firmware.

Here's a couple things to note about the Geeetech firmware uploading tool (not the python crap in the "toolkit"):

- run the tool as administrator.
- the firmware file needs to have 8 characters or less in the filename.
- the path to the firmware cannot have directories with names longer than 8 characters nor any spaces.

The downgrade fixed the homing issue, of course, and the 3D Touch works, but I can't find a place to specify the Z offset for the probe. I set it as far up as possible but the nozzle is too far from the bed to get any adhesion.

If still like to have Marlin 2.0, but at least I'm closer to having an operational printer.

howubuqu

Post by howubuqu » Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:26 pm

A10 with 3D Touch of Geeetech has the same issues. This model is blundering the design when auto homing on Z-axis stopped to work on coursework writing services you can find the solution as I have faced the same issue and get recovered by them.