Geeetech i3 Pro W horror stories

akalsteni68

Geeetech i3 Pro W horror stories

Post by akalsteni68 » Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:40 am

About a month ago I ordered a Geeetech I3 Pro W as my first 3d printer. To their credit, assembly was fairly easy even though none of the included hex keys fit any of the bolts they shipped. The only weird thing was that literally everything in the box was coated in black....something.

I can count on one hand the number of successful prints I've managed to pull off since assembly. First the belts were too loose, easy fix I just didn't know how tight to make them. Then the belt clamp worked loose - kind of weird. Then the bed would seemingly unlevel after every print. I didn't so much fix this as got around it by installing a BLTouch which took a fair bit of work on a Pro W. Then the extruder motor cable failed. Easy to replace, but it's less than a month old. I managed to break the fan trying to disassemble the extruder which is totally my fault, however they no longer make the fan they shipped me a month ago. Now it's connected by dupont cables. Today the extruder stopped extruding entirely, again. Filament had oozed out the top of the heat block and clogged the nozzle. The threading came off the nozzle disassembling it though, so that's a loss.

Is this just par for the course with 3D printer kits or did I just order the wrong brand? Just a bit frustrated that so far I've managed to print a Switch game case and nothing else.10.0.0.0.1 192.168.1.254