I3 Pro W - Homing - Searched wide and far but no help??

CarsonGrey

I3 Pro W - Homing - Searched wide and far but no help??

Post by CarsonGrey » Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:27 pm

Hi all

I am trying to get my I3 Pro W homed. No matter what i do i can not get it to remember home is X0 Y0 Z0. If i issue G1 X10 F6000 the axis moves as expected. As soon as i start printing the G29 moves it to the right side(slamming into the side). I have set the measures correctly, all end stops work, Have the 3dtouch working omegle xender too but i just cant get it aligned.
Any chance one of you pros has time to look through the script to see what i am missing ? (Yes, i did use Google).

Thx

robinjamess

Re: I3 Pro W - Homing - Searched wide and far but no help??

Post by robinjamess » Sun May 23, 2021 5:29 am

CarsonGrey wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:27 pm
Hi all

I am trying to get my I3 Pro W homed. No matter what i do i can not get it to remember home is X0 Y0 Z0. If i issue G1 X10 F6000 the axis moves as expected. As soon as i start printing the G29 moves it to the right side(slamming into the side). I have set the measures correctly, all end stops work, Have the 3dtouch working too but i just cant get it aligned.
Any chance one of you pros has time to look through the script to see what i am missing ? (Yes, i did use Google).
TcsWebmail DadeSchools Upsers

Thx
Hi,

Prusa i3 with arduino mega 2560 board and ramps 1.4 - everything build and connected, ready to start. I uploaded the firmware, and installed Pronterface (I am using Marlin). Considering this is my first printer, I am lost.

Everything works 1. motor for extruder is turning the right way, X-axis is going right when I press +X, Y-axis is going towards me when I press +Y (not sure if that is ok), Z-axis goes up when I press +Z.
2. I plugged the endstops on ramps to be X max, Y max and Z min and when I press them and tipe the M119 command I get the confirmation that they are working properly

Problem 1. when I connect the machine and give the command to move (for example) to the right it moves, but if the first command is to move left, avay from me or up it doesn't move. Only when I move them (for example) + 10 right, then i can move it back to that point where I started. So I am not sure if that is normal or not.
2. I don't know how to configure the home position. I tried several times. Sometimes the extruder would hit the endstop but not registered it and only trying to destroy the endstop. After some configuration it now moves away from the endstops when I am trying to home it, no mather what is the position. I don't whant to destroy my work so far...

My endstops are: X-on the right side, Y-behind, Z- bottom

I am attaching you my configuration file and pronterface picture (endstop - M119), also the picture that shows the position of endstops on my printer.

Thank you! smiling smiley