Power issues

JuanMaddox

Power issues

Post by JuanMaddox » Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:29 pm

Power going into the printer..... but nothing going to extruder and bed.
Fan on extruder and fan by circuit board all working and homing all moving.omegle discord xender

Checked wiring and all good - next I will take grill off and check over board.... any suggestions?
Last edited by JuanMaddox on Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

William
Site Admin

Re: Power issues

Post by William » Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:50 pm

Hi, are you referring to the absence of supplies?
You can see if your supplies are fully inserted,
Whether the nozzle is clogged, heat the nozzle temperature to 200 and then manually push the consumables,
See if the material can be discharged normally.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

clarkegriffinx

Re: Power issues

Post by clarkegriffinx » Fri May 07, 2021 4:13 am

JuanMaddox wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:29 pm
Power going into the printer..... but nothing going to extruder and bed.
Fan on extruder and fan by circuit board all working and homing all moving.Omegle Bazoocam Chatrandom

Checked wiring and all good - next I will take grill off and check over board.... any suggestions?
Nothing is printing even though the model has been set and configured correctly in the slicing software. However, try as you might when repeatedly sending the print to the printer still nothing happens bar the odd spit of filament emerging from the nozzle.

Alternatively a model is part way through the print and the filament extrusion stops but the nozzle continues to print into air.

It’s an obvious problem that’s unmissable in many printers such as the Prusa i3 style machines where the filament reel is in full view, but on other printers such as XYZ DaVinci, Cel Robox and Ultimaker machines, the issue isn’t always immediately obvious.

These and many other printers either encase the filament within the design of the printer, or the filament is hidden round the back.

Of course, some printers feature smart spools that feed back data to the software and highlight if the filament reel is close to, or out of material. However we all like to tinker and use our own tweaked firmware or third party software, and these sometimes work around such failsafes. And then there are other printers that simply don’t feature any type of failsafe at all.

In all cases, especially with Bowden style extrusion systems, you’re going to have to extract some remaining filament and then feed in fresh material.

Quite simply, your nozzle may be too close to the print bed. If you’ve somehow tuned your print bed to mere microns from your nozzle opening, it’s unlikely the melted filament has room to escape. At best your print will be missing its first layers, and have a higher chance of not sticking once the filament does extrude. At worst, you’ll cause a backup of melted filament in your hot end, possibly leading to a blockage.