Connection issue

donny

Connection issue

Post by donny » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:31 am

Hope someone can help me out. rather new to the 3d printer world, anyways i got it running with repetier-host but was having extruder issue so was told to go make the online server thru repeitier, to get the EEprom settings well i created it and now says im connected using repetier but no functions the LCD screen went two solid bars, cant home anything i turned off the server and that didnt help. everything shows up to date.

Repeitier-host: V2.1.2
Connection: Serial Connection
Port: COM5 (Correct port)
Baud Rate: 250000, I will try using 115200
Transfer Protocol: autodetect

Printer
Firmware Type: Autodetect

if need more info then this just lemme know

donny

Re: Connection issue

Post by donny » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:00 pm

I don't wanna do a complete reset cause honestly it took me awhile to figure it out. I've yet to print a single item and i'm dieing to. if i get rid of the server (got to figure out how) maybe it will reset to how it was?

Also once its up and running and i want to clean up the Config.h file can i delete lines for all other LCD screen options, etc that have nothing to do with my machine? i was planning on trying it but making a copy of the config.h file just in case

Please Help

Gingko
Site Admin

Post by Gingko » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:02 pm

You can reinstall the firmware first: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=17046
To see that if it can fix the LCD problem.

If the printer can gets work with repetier host, maybe the extruder problem not related to slicer software, it might be physical problem.

donny

Post by donny » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:50 pm

ok i got rid of the server it changed my motherboard in marlin, thats fixed now, now got to get rid of the 2 block lines and my X axis motor is moving by itself when i turn the machine on. When i manually move it in repetier-host it goes 10mm to the right push it again and it goes left... this machine hates me :cry:

donny

Post by donny » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:26 am

im gonna try a complete reinstall and see if that helps, the machine has only been ran maybe 6 hrs total, hope its not equipment failure