What volumetric flow, or mm/s filament rate do you use?

Blue_Collar

What volumetric flow, or mm/s filament rate do you use?

Post by Blue_Collar » Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:54 am

Fellow printers,
I’m having problems with the extruder steppers “clicking” during a print. The filament is set up so there is practically no friction coming off the spool. I’m using PLA at 215 degrees. Both extruders seem to click about the same amount. I’m worried that the extruder can’t heat the filament enough to maintain what I would consider a “normal” rate. If I print at a higher temp it helps somewhat. If I print at 50% speed the clicking goes away. Printing at 100% speed has a volumetric flow of 8 mm^3/s during the infill, and this is where the clicking occurs. This would suggest that any volumetric flow above 4 is too much for the heating capacity. I have a Prusa MK3s printer which runs fine with a volumetric flow of 11.

I’ve done “cold pulls” with nylon filament so I’m pretty sure the nozzle and filament path is clean and without blockage.

What amount of volumetric flow do others use (mm^3/s)? Do you know the maximum sustainable feed rate of PLA filament (mm/s) for the I3 pro C extruders?
——————— last update 10-16-21
1). Geeetech i3 pro C with custom x axis, extruder carriage, Noctua fans, PIA magnetic build plate, 3d-touch, Marlin 2.x
2). Geeetech A20T with 3 in 1 out Geeetech extruder (diamond hot end failed), magnetic PIA build plate, dual gear extruder upgrades, Marlin 2.x
3+). Prusa Original MK3s x 2, Mini, MMU2s, Mosaic Palette 2s pro
—using PrusaSlicer, openSCAD

Blue_Collar

Re: What volumetric flow, or mm/s filament rate do you use?

Post by Blue_Collar » Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:50 pm

I found in Geeetech’s scattered documentation that the flow rate of the extruder is about 24cc/h which works out to 6.6mm^3/s, which is about what I’m finding. I’m still curious what flow rate others are using to minimize the extruder servo “clicking”...
——————— last update 10-16-21
1). Geeetech i3 pro C with custom x axis, extruder carriage, Noctua fans, PIA magnetic build plate, 3d-touch, Marlin 2.x
2). Geeetech A20T with 3 in 1 out Geeetech extruder (diamond hot end failed), magnetic PIA build plate, dual gear extruder upgrades, Marlin 2.x
3+). Prusa Original MK3s x 2, Mini, MMU2s, Mosaic Palette 2s pro
—using PrusaSlicer, openSCAD

bestblogsan

Re: What volumetric flow, or mm/s filament rate do you use?

Post by bestblogsan » Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:16 am

The complete look of your internet site is remarkable, not to mention the content material!
also visit my net web page -
virtual phone system service