Prusa i3 questions

aryankanse6

Prusa i3 questions

Post by aryankanse6 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:54 pm

I have bought a prusa i3 from a freind who has moved onto bigger and "better" things. I have got it mounted to a board to keep it rigid and square and set it up to the point where it is printing.

I am having issues with PLA curling on the bottom layer especially but also higher up sometimes. I am running 190degrees at the nozzle and 60 degrees at the bed. Is that in the ballpark?

The bed material is currently a thin 1.5mm sheet of aluminuim which seems to have bowed/warped in the middle which probably isnt helping. Would i be better off with a thicker sheet of aluminuim or is glass the way to go? Want to get it printing as near perfect as poss on PLA before i worry about other materials.

Also i have with it a printed cone that looks like its for cooling the print with a fan ashowbox speed test
ttached but i need to get a cooling fan, what type would i need? Would this help with layer adhesion and bridging etc?

I dont even know what firmware is on it, is there a way to find out and update it?

Oh reprap gods please help me!