What is the correct official firmware for the I3 A Pro?

Willow

What is the correct official firmware for the I3 A Pro?

Post by Willow » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:22 pm

From reading all the various posts surrounding the difficulties of getting the 3DTouch sensor working correctly on this particular machine from Geeetech (I3 A Pro using the 3 in 1 Box), I cannot seem to find an official firmware package listed that covers this particular model. Have checked http://www.geeetech.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17046, and nowhere does it mention the 3 in 1 box variant anywhere. There are plenty of users variations posted throughout the forum which seem to offer solutions, but I would prefer to see an official Geeetech solution which could be relied upon that would not turn my machine into a 'brick'!

I know I have to 'open the box' and make all the connections within the box and drill a hole in the box to take the wires out to connect directly to the printer without wiring them through the extension board.

Seems to me that there are several posts offering solutions to the various difficulties surrounding the installation of the sensor which appear to offer the answers people are looking for, but no hard and fast definitive answer to all of them.

As Geeetech offer the 3DTouch as an accessory, I feel it is high time that Geeetech updated their firmware page to offer the definitive software that they recommend when using this sensor. Even when one has the sensor and downloads the 3D Touch User Manual, the manual refers the user back to the same location (http://www.geeetech.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17046) to update the firmware - which shows that there is nothing suitable for the I3 Pro A using the 3 in 1 box. How helpful is that? Obviously the User Manual needs updating as well as the firmware page!

Is it too much to ask that someone at Geeetech takes a long hard look at this to make their customers happy....

Willow

Willow

Re: What is the correct official firmware for the I3 A Pro?

Post by Willow » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:13 pm

Still ploughing on trying to install a 3D touch sensor to my I3 Pro A with a GT2560 Rev A+ controller and have made a little progress - only to be frustrated yet again!

Downloaded the PI3 Pro software (PI3A Pro(for the upgraded kit using lead screw).zip) and have waded through all the changes necessary on the Configuration.h file successfully. Following the instructions in the 3DTouch user manual, I then looked at the changes to be made to the Pins.h file. Surprise surprise, the Pins.h file looks nothing like the example shown in the User Manual at all - just where am I going wrong in all this? It should be easy , after all, I can read and understand things very well. Fact is, I was a Technical Author for a long part of my working life and I am just amazed at how hard Geeetech are making all of this.

There should be one complete zip file with everything necessary to complete the whole upgrade in one place - not a difficult thing to ask for and, I would suggest, not a difficult thing to do, especially when one considers all the time wasted by your customer service people trying to sort out every minor glitch that turns up as a result of not providing a satisfactory 'package' to do the upgrade in the first instance.

This of course does not include the fury and frustration felt by customers who then have to wait interminable lengths of time for a reply to their queries befor they can get on with using their machines.

Just compare the Pins.h file in the 'official' download for this with the instructions given in the 3D Touch User manual and you will see what I am talking about.

I await your help/comments with interest...

Willow

Brack920

Post by Brack920 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:08 pm

These are the simple steps to download 3D touch sensor on I3 pro. You can easily download this sensor without facing any issue with one complete dissertation proofreaders zip file with everything necessary to complete. Looking forward for more interesting stuff.

ChristopherFisher

Post by ChristopherFisher » Thu May 27, 2021 12:20 am

HI! The connection diagram and color coding are available on the manufacturer's website. An additional pin is required for this sensor to work. Fortunately, the Anet A6 has one unused screen cable. It can be used to control a sensor (control signal). I didn't want to cut the cable, and I didn't want to go into the board with a soldering iron either. So I decided to solder a small connector to the shield board. The Z-Min signal is connected to the standard connector of the Z-axis limit switch. The sensor is powered from the same connector. Next, you need to configure the firmware to work with this sensor. You can find out more detailed information on how to do this from the videos on YouTube in which the authors connect different sensors to Geeetech printers. I found a couple of dozen videos on this topic there and noticed that in most cases they were published by accounts to which more than 43 thousand subscribers were subscribed! I am sure this is because the owners of such accounts used the services of https://viplikes.net/buy-youtube-subscribers to quickly increase their number.

RidaAli

Post by RidaAli » Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:01 am

Its a great pleasure reading your post. Its full of information I am looking for and I love to post a comment that "The content of your post is awesome" Great work. Human Resources Services

pipahaha

Post by pipahaha » Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:02 am

I have the same problem, does anyone have a solution? word counter

EmilyMelson

Post by EmilyMelson » Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:41 pm

Hey, you used to write magnificent, but the last few posts have been kinda boring? I miss your super writings. Past few posts are just a little bit out of track! come on! Red Hood Vest