Aluminum Part specifications?

Pickled

Aluminum Part specifications?

Post by Pickled » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:26 am

Hi.
I'm currently rebuilding a Aluminum i3 with GT2560 mod so basically a pro. I am going to be Installing a J-Head and Titan Bowden and printed X Carriage among a few of the mods I've got lined up for it.

What i need to know is the tooth count on the Y axis motor and is it the same as the X axis and what size and pitch threaded rod the Z axis uses? So I can work out steps per unit.

Atm I'm using DRV8825 drivers for XYE and a A4988 driver for Z, But I plan on getting some TMC2208 drivers for it in the future. I may do a build thread?

I also have a A10 with VERT's Marlin 2.0 firmware that is amazing so I decided to go through his firmware and convert it to the REV A/A+, it will need some tweaking but I think it should work good!.

Any help with my above question is much appreciated thanks for reading.

jean121

Re: Aluminum Part specifications?

Post by jean121 » Wed Apr 06, 2022 2:13 pm

Aluminium is the world’s most abundant metal and is the third most common element comprising 8% of the earth’s crust. The versatility of aluminium makes it the most widely used metal after steelGBwhatsapp.
Production of Aluminium
Aluminium is derived from the mineral bauxite. Bauxite is converted to aluminium oxide (alumina) via the Bayer Process. The alumina is then converted to aluminium metal using electrolytic cells and the Hall-Heroult Process.
Annual Demand of Aluminium
Worldwide demand for aluminium is around 29 million tons per year. About 22 million tons is new aluminium and 7 million tons is recycled aluminium scrap. The use of recycled aluminium is economically and environmentally compelling. It takes 14,000 kWh to produce 1 tonne of new aluminium. Conversely it takes only 5% of this to remelt and recycle one tonne of aluminium. There is no difference in quality between virgin and recycled aluminium alloys.