kaktus' guide - GTM32 Pro vB controller board - how to read.

_kaktus_
Site Admin

kaktus' guide - GTM32 Pro vB controller board - how to read.

Post by _kaktus_ » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:03 pm

:mrgreen:
The branded controller board with 32 bit μC has been equipped with many LED indicators informing about the events. It is thanks to them we will find out what the printer's heart is doing.

Unfortunately, the company Geeetech nothing prepared for us in this field ... :?
That's why I think that you should read the following information.
Thanks to the analysis of these LEDs, you will often be able to solve the problem or quickly and correctly update the firmware.

So to the work!

Explanation: The graphic material for this presentation was provided by Geeetech. Unfortunately, it took over 3 months. :lol:
Somehow, I couldn't help but make this unnecessary comment.

:D

Important: Due to the extensive nature and versatility of the controller's design, not all components are used in this printer model. This is determined by the firmware. As of the date of the presentation (2018-06-02), the current firmware is numbered 1.0.03.

The Geeetech Prusa I3 M201 dual extruder mixcolor 3D printer is equipped with a GTM32Pro vB controller. The PCB is 84 x 110 mm in size. The mounting holes are arranged not symmetrically.
5a_wymiary.png
dimensioned image
5a_wymiary.png (1.47 MiB) Viewed 27042 times
The controller is richly equipped with LEDs informing the user about the active power supply and current actions. ;)
GTM_Pro_vB-LED.png
LED indicators
GTM_Pro_vB-LED.png (1.75 MiB) Viewed 27042 times
The following LEDs indicate the power supply voltage at the main points of the system:

D14 - VDC, red, indicates the presence of 24V0 DC master supply voltage
Correct condition - Lights up intensively,
D13 - VBED, red, indicates the presence of 24V0 DC supply voltage for the work bench heater (Hot Bed)
D15 - VCC 5V, red, indicates the presence of voltage 5V0 DC for control electronics, with current capacity up to 3A
D16 - VCC 3V3, red, indicates the presence of 3V3 DC voltage for the control electronics, with current capacity up to 1A

If all LEDs are off, the printer’s power is off or the 24V DC power supply has failed, if one of the LEDs is off, the printer has a defect.
As a rule, the LEDs D14 VDC, D13 VBED, D15 VCC 5V, D16 VCC 3V3, D7 will light up after the printer is switched on and after each reset, and then the LED D7 will turn off after about a second.

The following LEDs indicate the work progress:

D10 - RS, green, indicates ongoing communication on the TxD line of the RS interface (target USB port)
Correct state - flashes very quickly or is extinguished in case of lack of communication,
D11 - RS, green, informs about ongoing communication on the RxD line of the RS interface (source USB port)
Correct state: blinks very quickly or is extinguished in case of lack of communication,
D7 - red, indicates that the bootloader is activated
Correct condition: Not lit - Normal operation of the printer,
lights up solidly, the bootloader has been activated to update the printer's firmware,
D8 - HOTBED, red, indicates the current operating status of the work bench heater
Correct condition: it is off - heating is off,
lights up intensively - the heater operates at full power,
flashes quickly, slowly or periodically - limiting or activating the full power of the heater,
D9 - HOTEND1, red, indicates the current operating status of the second printer head heater (Hot End1), Not used…
blinks quickly slowly or periodically - limiting or activating the full power of the heater,
D17 - HOTEND0, red, indicates the current operating status of the first/major printer head heater (Hot End0),
blinks quickly slowly or periodically - limiting or activating the full power of the heater.

The controller board has more many functional connectors to connect the printer's main components and more.
Some of the connectors have functionality that has not been revealed anywhere. But soon everything will be explained. From now on there will be no secrets to the user of the printer.

S2 - micro switch SMD reset, short pressing will call up the reset of the controller, its work will start again,
BOOT0 - double goldpin (jumper) raster of 2.54mm outputs, shorting its outputs and starting the printer (including reset) activates the bootloader and waits for the firmware to be sent,
S1 - four-pin goldpin raster of 2.54mm leads, the "DEBUG" connector, 5V DC, SDA, SCL, GND signals are connected there, among others it is used to upload firmware in HEX format, for this purpose it is required to have STLINK v2 programmer,
JP1 - double goldpin (jumper) raster of 2.54mm leads, short-circuits 12V DC stabilizer leads by applying power supply voltage (24V DC !!) to fans, I do not recommend to use it, the best thing to do is to unsolder this pet,
FAN0 - 12V DC fan connector, JST-PH raster 2.0mm, 3pin - after switching on the power supply, the connected fan operates continuously, it is not possible to control its operation,
FAN1 - 12V DC fan connector, JST-PH raster 2.0mm, 3pin - after switching on the power supply, the connected fan operates continuously, it is not possible to control its operation,
LED - additional LED lighting connector, JST-PH raster 2.0mm, 3pin - has 12V DC, LED PWM, GND output signals, I still do not know if it works on our printer model ;-)
P1 - additional USB port JST B4B-XH-A, has 5V DC, D-, D+, GND output signals.

Connectors not used, on Geeetech Prusa I3 M201 model:

SD CARD – FFC interface, GTK ZIFHA10-0.5BF-R to connect the module with an SD memory card,
UART LCD – FFC connector FFC, GTK ZIFL10-1.0BF-R for connecting an external display module with serial communication,
TF CARD SOCKET – a slot of memory cards Micro SD, ATOM-A01482 soldered from the bottom of the PCB.

Basic connectors for connecting the printer's main components:

LCD – FFC connector, GTK ZIFHA40-0.5BF-R to connect an external module with alphanumeric display 4 x20 characters + micro switch reset, + rotary impulse with button + SD memory card slot, + buzzer,
DC IN - mains socket Molex 2 x2 pin Mini-Fit raster 4,2mm, supplies 24VDC power from the PSU module,
USB - USB port type B THT, to connect a computer in order to manage the printer,
EXTRUDER2 - Molex Micro-Fit raster 3.0mm, 2 x6pin (STC 3001 series) angle socket, not used in this printer model, however it has some active signals, see kaktus' guide - fans - however, it was not the end
EXTRUDER1 - Molex Micro-Fit raster 3.0mm, 2 x6pin (STC 3001 series) angle socket, for connecting the EXTRUDER CON V1 external module, enables operation of the E1 extruder and extruder fan, (and probably the second head heater, the second small head fan, and enables measurement of the temperature of the second head - not used in this model),
EXTRUDER0 - Molex Micro-Fit raster angle socket 3.0mm, 2 x6pin (STC 3001 series), for connecting the external EXTRUDER CON V1 module, enables operation of the E0 extruder, extruder fan, head heater, small head fan, and enables measurement of the head temperature by the NTC 100kΏ thermistor (arguably MF58 series),
HOT BED - Molex Micro-Fit raster socket 3.0mm, 2 x3pin (STC 3001 series), used to connect a heated work table (Hot Bed), provides its power supply and temperature measurement by the NTC 100kΏ thermistor (arguably MF58D series),
MOTORs - 12 pin socket JST B12B-XH-A (plug XHP-12), for connecting stepper motors of axes: X, Y, first Z axis motor,
MOTOR-Z - socket 4 pin JST B4B-XH-A (plug XHP-4), to connect the second Z axis motor,
ENDSTOPs - connector 2 x9 pin raster 2,45mm, to connect limit switches generating Xmin, Xmax, Ymin, Ymax, Zmin, Zmax signals. In the basic configuration of the model X-Y-Zmax signals are not used, I do not know yet if they will work. :P

The PCB also includes a triple jumper at the connectors for each Stepstick module. Basically, it is used to configure the operation of this module - step resolution.

A sincere greeting to all M102 users.
:mrgreen:
Last edited by _kaktus_ on Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
On the forum I help to use the rod, I don't give fish.
Geeetech Prusa I3 M201 Dual extruder Mixcolor 3D printer, bought 2017-12-19, already built, in the cognitive and improvement phase
Geeetech filament, ABS only
Geeetech 3D WiFi Module for 3D Printer, bought 2018-04-15, He got a new life, and still lies in a drawer.
Positively frenzied customer of Getech Technology.

William
Site Admin

Re: kaktus' guide - GTM32 Pro vB controller board - how to read.

Post by William » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:16 pm

Oh, that so satisfying!
The post is great and it will help a lot of people.
I have got an new M201,I think I will try it on my spare time. :D
Thanks again!
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

_kaktus_
Site Admin

Post by _kaktus_ » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:45 pm

oooo Wiliam :D ;D
I already thought that you were lost for good. ;)

I am glad that you "are alive". :D
Welcome you solemnly as a fresh M201 user. :mrgreen:

When you follow the installation instructions for your printer, you will be surprised several times. :P
If you have problems, ask... what do I know I'll tell you. ;)

I will not suggest anything to you at this stage.
I am curious about your impressions :D

One thing is certain, this equipment is worth buying.
It's a pity I had to pay twice as much for it ... now there are great promotions. :?
Geeetech Prusa I3 M201 Dual extruder Mixcolor 3D printer, bought 2017-12-19, already built, in the cognitive and improvement phase
Geeetech 3D WiFi Module for 3D Printer, bought 2018-04-15, He got a new life, and still lies in a drawer.

_kaktus_
Site Admin

Post by _kaktus_ » Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:53 pm

Correction :!: :!: :!:
You can see incorrectly soldered Z-axis stepper motor connectors on the pictures shown.

The correct position of the socket bodies can be seen in the picture below:
zlacza_XYZ.jpg
zlacza_XYZ.jpg (245.94 KiB) Viewed 26346 times