kaktus' guide - x-axis carriage and drive

_kaktus_
Site Admin

kaktus' guide - x-axis carriage and drive

Post by _kaktus_ » Tue May 29, 2018 12:18 pm

Hello, my dear friends.

Here I will discuss how to mount the GT2 belt drive on the X axis.
I will present the differences in building instructions and I will show the consequences of various assembly methods.

It happens that the way of mounting the handle connecting the belt affects the direction of movement of the trolley with the sliding head.

The construction instructions do not mention this fact. And this is a problem that causes embarrassment for new builders. Thankfully, the printer menu is universal and you can adjust the direction of rotation of the motor that drives the X axis there.

So if someone builds a printer now and to his surprise a carriage with head instead of moving to the right will cling to the left mechanism, you don't have to worry about it, such a situation can happen.
From now on we will deal with this without stress ;-D

The V belt connector can be mounted in two ways, hence the error. It is important to do this deliberately and then avoid the surprise in the form of a mechanism failure.
The following pictures show how to assemble the connector.

[attachment=0]lacznik_u_gory.jpg[/attachment]
[attachment=1]lacznik_u_dolu.jpg[/attachment]

Both are correct.
You should only know that if:
Connect the connector at the top, rotation of the motor shaft to the right moving the carriage to the right, the X axis coordinate counter will increase,
Screw the connector on the bottom, rotation of the motor shaft to the right and the carriage of the head will move to the leftt, the X axis coordinate counter will decrease.

If the current setting in the printer menu does not match the selected assembly method, correct it. That's all ;-D
The "X Motor Dir" option in the "2. Control -> 2.2, Printer Settings" menu is responsible for this. It can take False or True values.

The False value is responsible for the correct direction of travel of the trolley, when the V belt connector is mounted higher.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
My guides are for the Geeetech M201, but can be used in the Geeetech Prusa I3 printer group. All these models have a similar construction.

kaktus
Attachments
lacznik_u_gory.jpg
the connector at the top
lacznik_u_gory.jpg (423.52 KiB) Viewed 18455 times
lacznik_u_dolu.jpg
the connector at the bottom
lacznik_u_dolu.jpg (423.44 KiB) Viewed 18455 times