What do you think about Geeetech's printers?

Limon1

What do you think about Geeetech's printers?

Post by Limon1 » Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:34 pm

Hi, I'm new to 3d-printing, and I was looking to buy a 3D printer for home use. Sadly, I don't have much money so is the highest price I can pay for a printer. Because most of the American websites offer expensive printers (or printers that are out of my budget) I first took a look in eBay. By the way, I prefer to purchase a Prusa i3 because the huge documentation and the fair price. A few minutes later I've noticed Geeetech. They are chinese company which offers RepRap printers in an affordable prices.

I quickly found their dual extruder RepRap i3 (what they call "pro C"). It costs exactly which is a great price for a Prusa i3 and comes with dual extruder and a filament spool.

However, it looks a little bit too good to be true. Sadly, I have no much exprience in the 3D printing world or RepRap (thoguh I have some experience with Arduino, & RasPi).

So, my question is: Does this printer really worth my money? Does it use high quality parts though the tiny price, or the parts are low quality and tend to stop working https://showbox.bio/ https://tutuapp.uno/ after a few weeks or months? If you have an experience with the printer, it would help me a lot if you"ll tell me a little bit about your experience with this printer (or Geeetech's printers in general ).

Here is some basic info about the printer. The full information is availabe here. If something is missing just tell me and I'll add it to the list.

Build Volume: 200200180 (7200 cm3)

Layer Resolution: 0.1-0.3 (mm)

Filament Diameter: 1.75/3 (mm)

Filament Types: ABS/PLA

Extruders: 2 (MK8, Max Temp: ~240C)

Stepper Motors: 42SHDO217-24B 1.5A(U)

Heat Bed: Included (Max Temp: ~110C)

LCD: Included

PSU: Included

SD: Supported

Frame: 8 mm acrylic frame

Control Board: GT2560

So, what do you think :) ?

Thanks in advance!

alphabts321

Re: What do you think about Geeetech's printers?

Post by alphabts321 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:45 pm

Hi, I'm new to 3d-printing, and I was looking to buy a 3D printer for home use. Sadly, I don't have much money so is the highest price I can pay for a printer. Because most of the American websites offer expensive printers (or printers that are out of my budget) I first took a look in eBay. By the way, I prefer to purchase a Prusa i3 because the huge documentation and the fair price. A few minutes later I've noticed Geeetech. They are chinese company which offers RepRap printers in an affordable prices.

I quickly found their dual extruder RepRap i3 (what they call "pro C"). It costs exactly which is a great price for a Prusa i3 and comes with dual extruder and a filament spool.

However, it looks a little bit too good to be true. Sadly, I have no much exprience in the 3D printing world or RepRap (thoguh I have some experience with Arduino, & RasPi).

So, my question is: Does this printer really worth my money? Does it use high quality parts though the tiny price, or the parts are low quality and tend to stop working https://apkleeq.com/ https://whatsmodapp.com/gbwhatsapp-apk/ after a few weeks or months? If you have an experience with the printer, it would help me a lot if you"ll tell me a little bit about your experience with this printer (or Geeetech's printers in general ).

Here is some basic info about the printer. The full information is availabe here. If something is missing just tell me and I'll add it to the list.

Build Volume: 200200180 (7200 cm3)

Layer Resolution: 0.1-0.3 (mm)

Filament Diameter: 1.75/3 (mm)

Filament Types: ABS/PLA

Extruders: 2 (MK8, Max Temp: ~240C)

Stepper Motors: 42SHDO217-24B 1.5A(U)

Heat Bed: Included (Max Temp: ~110C)

LCD: Included

PSU: Included

SD: Supported

Frame: 8 mm acrylic frame

Control Board: GT2560

So, what do you think :) ?

Thanks in advanc

Soadyheid

Re: What do you think about Geeetech's printers?

Post by Soadyheid » Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:28 pm

I've had my i3 Pro B since March 2017 and I have to confess I'm very pleased with it. I'll admit that I didn't come into 3D printing completely without any knowledge as part of my working life was maintaining vector photoplotters which were used to make photographic masks for Ordinance Survey maps (UK map making company), Printed circuit masters for the Ariane space program and lead frame masks for integrated circuit manufacture. I also had some knowledge of CAD/CAM software.

I bought my printer from Amazon for £210.00 which I thought was quite reasonable. (The price has since gone down since, cheapest around £160.00?) I particularly wanted a kit as building the printer would be part of the experience plus make it easier to maintain and modify as I'd know where everything was. It took about a week to build because I wanted to take my time and ensure everything was done properly. The first thing I did was to check all the straight rods and threaded screws and ensure they were as straight as possible. The main reason axies jam due to binding is because somethings a bit bent! I've since added modifications, hot end cooling cowl, single start leadscrews, leadscrew top bearings, Z-Axis wobble modifications, etc. The original printer comes with a 0.3mm nozzle but this can be changed as long as you remember to change the printer parameters set up in your slicer program. I've used 0.4mm to print with wood PLA which worked fine. The quality of the supplied parts is, in my estimation, very good. The acrylic is laser cut and protected from scratches with cheese paper, the logic board is bespoke and well made, at least as well made as a PC Mobo. I had to replace the plastic feed mechanism as there was no way to adjust it properly, the metal replacement took about two weeks to come from China which was fine. (2017, pre Covid!)

My next job will be to adjust and re-level my printer as I haven't used it in a while, surprisingly not something you have to do all that often, only if you adjust the nozzle really.

I use my Mk I Raspberry Pi loaded with Octoprint as a means to monitor my prints using a cheapo (£6.00) webcam and my mobile phone! To old to use it to drive the printer now. I use Repetier-Host via a USB serial link from my Linux Mint workstation.

Hope that helps. Go for it!

Play Bonny!

Soadyheid