Extrusion stopping mid print

mck159

Extrusion stopping mid print

Post by mck159 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:45 am

Hi,

I had problem with printer that I bought 2 weeks ago, basically it stops to extrude mid-print (sometimes after few minutes, sometimes after 1h) and it doesn't go back to extruding.

I've tried multiple things:
* different print temperatures (200-215C for PLA)
* cleaning shaft and nozzle
* using different nozzle
* using different retraction distance and speed (not turned off retraction completely to rule out that retraction is the issue)
* using different firmware (Marlin 1 from webpage, Marlin 2 from github)
* using different PLAs
* trying to print different models
* adjusting tension of spring in extruder
* changing extruder fan
* using different slicers (slic3r, cura)

and nothing seems to be helping

Not sure what to try next :(

gemmakermz@cs.com

Re: Extrusion stopping mid print

Post by gemmakermz@cs.com » Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:10 am

buddy your not by your self, i got one and having the same problem. the XYZ mechanics work great but the extruder/feeder keeps failing/hanging up and the filament just sits and jumps up and down. i found a plastic liner in the feeder tube thats, i guess, used to insulate the filament from being melted before entering the nozzle. that tube is too small a hole through it and too short. it should be long enough to go from the internal stop collar to the extrusion nozzle. plus mine has a plastic bushing for the tension lever to pivot on and when you tighten the allen against it, as it works the pressure loosens it. i've had to make several parts of aluminum to replace plastic parts that were not working or breaking. the Y motor mount i had to make of aluminum as the plastic broke. aluminum pivot bushing for the tensioner. i've ordered another motor printer/extruder assembly to replase the one on it,, will see if its better. gemmakermz@cs.com

Haziko

Post by Haziko » Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:34 pm

Good and meaningful article.Visit Fall guys and play many games updated every day

mck159

Post by mck159 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:35 am

gemmakermz@cs.com wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:10 am
buddy your not by your self, i got one and having the same problem. the XYZ mechanics work great but the extruder/feeder keeps failing/hanging up and the filament just sits and jumps up and down. i found a plastic liner in the feeder tube thats, i guess, used to insulate the filament from being melted before entering the nozzle. that tube is too small a hole through it and too short. it should be long enough to go from the internal stop collar to the extrusion nozzle. plus mine has a plastic bushing for the tension lever to pivot on and when you tighten the allen against it, as it works the pressure loosens it. i've had to make several parts of aluminum to replace plastic parts that were not working or breaking. the Y motor mount i had to make of aluminum as the plastic broke. aluminum pivot bushing for the tensioner. i've ordered another motor printer/extruder assembly to replase the one on it,, will see if its better. gemmakermz@cs.com

Thanks for response mate

I've adjusted voltage on stepper motor drivers and seems that issue is occuring less times, but it still happends

I've replaced extruder with new one and tried different filaments and it doesn't seem to make difference :(

Did you manage to resolve it?

coba

Post by coba » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:48 pm

Hi, I have the same problem too I will try your tips.