Geeetech 3D Touch Troubles

Shijune

Geeetech 3D Touch Troubles

Post by Shijune » Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:19 pm

I just installed the 3D Touch on Geeetech i3 Pro B.....I have read the instructions 4 or 5 times now... and what I found I may have an old version of the manual for the 3D touch... here are the issues... hope someone has run across these, and point me in the right areas

1. no able to modify the Pins.h file.. once I complete the configuration.h file mods, the pins.h tab is not on Marlin Arduino 1.0.1.. The manual say to open it separately, I have https://snaptube.cam/ done this and all that comes up marlin software, but no Pins.h file tab. The marlin1.ino and pins.h is in the same folder.

2. On the three pin that connects to the 2650 (brown, Red, Orange) were orange is the (control signal) which pin of the 3 it connects to, Installed and soldered the new 3 pin configuration... one set of documents, has it on the top pin ( if you looking at the board) another document has it on the center pin.. so what is the proper pin out for this plug?

3. Im assuming that the 2 pin connection can go ether way.. ( again going by the manual)

4. the grub screw on the senor... what is the process on that

I think if I can get though these for areas. I may be in business.. Thank for your help

Metalgearslug

Re: Geeetech 3D Touch Troubles

Post by Metalgearslug » Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:24 pm

Hi! Do you know which board you have on your printer? If it's the 2560A+ I might be able to help. It has a dedicated set off pins for the probe to connect to. I know for a start that it does matter which way around the black and white cables are not interchangeable!

I used Arduino IDE 1.0 I think to edit the files and it worked great

I'm pretty sure the grub screw is just so you can remove and replace the pin but I'm not 100% in that