I3 Pro B 3D Touch Installation Success?

JamesButler

I3 Pro B 3D Touch Installation Success?

Post by JamesButler » Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:42 pm

Geeetech I3 Pro B - 3D Touch Setup - my route to a successful installation

There are lots of posts on this forum regarding installation of 3D Touch and having just spent several hours installing a 3D Touch onto my Geeetech I3 Pro B I thought I’d share with you my route to success which might help you avoid the mistakes I made on the way.

All of the information is available, it just isn’t all in one place and isn’t all coherent. This isn’t a comprehensive guide but if you follow it, together with the resources I point to, I’m sure it will save you a lot of time.omegle xender

Step 1 Establish what your hardware is.

Motherboard Version. There are 2 basic motherboard configurations which affect the installation. I’ll refer to them as 2560A and 2560A+. the significant difference for this installation is that A+ is physically configured to accommodate a 3D Touch while the A needs some work. The easiest way to identify them is by examining the end-stop sockets. If they all align then its an A+ if they don’t its an A. You may need to make up the extension cables differently depending on which version you have.