extruder not working

Squish

extruder not working

Post by Squish » Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:39 am

Hello, I have recently replaced my mainboard and uploaded new firmware as the z axis was extremely slow. now i uploaded new firmware and (no i didnt check if it extruded from factory) but it will not extrude any filament, now I know the motor works I swapped it with another on the machine.so far from my problem solving i figure its in the firmware or software (new to 3d printing software and firmware)i am quite technically inclined and can usually figure things out but this is stumping me, i dont know how to write my own firmware or where to find a tut either. the board i have is the gt2560 rev a+ mainboard with a single extruder and as far as i know everything is factory as i bought it used from a friend when it didnt work (reason for replacing mainboard).

Any info or help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Edit: It's printing again (not very well mind you but still), i have found the problem a combination of firmware and something to do with voltage not go to 5v rail on driver boards for some reason. now to to sort out how to get clean bubble/gap free prints