What do you think about Geeetech's printers?

randykshlerin

What do you think about Geeetech's printers?

Post by randykshlerin » Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:47 am

TL;DR: Does Geeetech's dual extruder Prusa i3 worth the money?

Hi, I'm new to 3d-printing, and I was looking to buy a 3D printer for home use. Sadly, I don't have much money so is the highest price I can pay for a printer. Because most of the American websites offer expensive printers (or printers that are out of my budget) I first took a look in eBay. By the way, I prefer to purchase a Prusa i3 because the huge documentation and the fair price. A few minutes later I've noticed Geeetech. They are chinese company which offers RepRap printers in an affordable prices.

I quickly found their dual extruder RepRap i3 (what they call "pro C"). It costs exactly which is a great price for a Prusa i3 and comes with dual extruder and a filament spool.

However, it looks a little bit too good to be true. Sadly, I have no much exprience in the 3D printing world or RepRap (thoguh I have some experience with Arduino, & RasPi).

So, my question is: Does this printer really worth my money? Does it use high quality parts though the tiny price, or the parts are low quality and tend to stop working after a few weeks or months? If you have an experience with the printer, it would help me a lot if you"ll tell me a little bit about your experience with this printer (or Geeetech's printers in general).

Here is some basic info about the printer. The full information is availabe here. If something is missing just tell me and I'll add it to the list.

Build Volume: 200200180 (7200 cm3)

Layer Resolution: 0.1-0.3 (mm)

Filament Diameter: 1.75/3 (mm)

Filament Types: ABS/PLA

Extruders: 2 (MK8, Max Temp: ~240C)

Stepper Motors: 42SHDO217-24B 1.5A(U)

Heat Bed: Included (Max Temp: ~110C)

LCD: Included

PSU: Included

SD: Supported

Frame: 8 mm acrylic frame

Control Board: GT2560