under extruding stepper weak

edk80

under extruding stepper weak

Post by edk80 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:03 am

Hi all,

I have problem with under extruding... i have tried calibrating it but turning up the e-steps does literally nothing... i had it working good for alittle bit on 110 but now it looks really really slow and weak to come out.. ive tried putting it up to 500 and hardly makes a difference.

I think this is a weak motor, can I increase the voltage on the driver? which one is it? does this make the motor run quicker or anything?

edk80

Re: under extruding stepper weak

Post by edk80 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:12 am

OK UPDATE!!

i switched out the driver from the Z axis to the extruder, now it looks like the extruder is extrudding properly.. the lines look much thicker

BUT now the z steps are playing up and wont go up properly which wasnt happening before.... which tells me that driver is faulty or needs the voltage increased maybe??????

_kaktus_
Site Admin

Post by _kaktus_ » Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:55 pm

Hi
:mrgreen:

You can solve problems very well, but you still have too little knowledge. Acquire knowledge on the forum.

I will tell you a little. ;)
I will write it again... Especially for you. :D

Each stepper motor control module has the ability to adjust the Vref voltage. This has an impact on the current supplied to the motor.
The engine can work more reliably - it has a little more power.

Incorrect adjustment of the motor current will cause the motor to overheat.
It is best to select the setting experimentally, but you must be careful :!:

For making this setting, it would be good if you had a multimeter and a small flat screwdriver.

You can read the rest in the forum
Not necessarily in this subforum.

I greet you warmly. :D
On the forum I help to use the rod, I don't give fish.
Geeetech Prusa I3 M201 Dual extruder Mixcolor 3D printer, bought 2017-12-19, already built, in the cognitive and improvement phase
Geeetech filament, ABS only
Geeetech 3D WiFi Module for 3D Printer, bought 2018-04-15, He got a new life, and still lies in a drawer.
Positively frenzied customer of Getech Technology.

jzero42

Post by jzero42 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:11 pm

edk80 wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:03 am
Hi all,

I have problem with under extruding... i have tried calibrating it but turning up the e-steps does literally nothing... i had it working good for alittle bit on 110 but now it looks really really slow and weak to come out.. ive tried putting it up to 500 and hardly makes a difference.

I think this is a weak motor, can I increase the voltage on the driver? which one is it? does this make the motor run quicker or anything?
Just to double check: have you got your nozzle width right? In repetier, the default is 0.4mm, however, Geeetech I3 Pro B has a nozzle with 0.3mm. Although this should rather cause over-extruding (and also clicking sounds/skipping steps).

Also, check temperatures (try 200-210 degrees?).

Just my ideas.