A30T Hardware and Firmware!!

RockyPeli

A30T Hardware and Firmware!!

Post by RockyPeli » Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:50 am

Now that I received and tested my A30T it is clear that I want to make some changes and fixes in the firmware. The unit has the mainboard type M11 and displayboard S02. Unfortunately neither the Smartto-eclipse nor the Smartto-IAR repositories on github have advanced to A30T. I read out both firmware binaries which gave me a bit more insight which rises some questions that I want to ask and get hopefully kindly answered.

My idea is to setup a project on github that allows building and debugging (ideally both, mainboard and display) firmware by using the original IDE (eclipse-based) provided for free by ST named STM32CubeIDE. I am working with this IDE for all my STM32 projects and like the superior support of the STM32 microcontrollers especially in-circuit-debugging and reading out the peripheral registers, works perfect with STLink V2 and V3.

Q1: To understand wiring is it possible to publish, even as draft, the schematics of the mainbords MB09 and MB11 as well as the touchscreen display boards?

Q2: Mainboard as well as displayboard firmware contain a bootloader, can you make sourcecode of them available too?

Q3: Mainboard firmware has not advanced to A30T yet, could you kindly update one of the above repositories Smartto-eclipse or Smartto-IAR?

Q4: The officially available firmware A30T-V1.02.03.rar does only contain the binary for the mainboards (M09 and M11) but no binary and UI-folder for the display board. Could you add that please or make it available separately?

Thanks in advance, any help and PM regarding the questions is highly appreciated.

Alena21

Re: A30T Hardware and Firmware!!

Post by Alena21 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:31 pm

The gears and devices we use today are fated to become irrelevant or outdated with the advent of newer technologies. To cope with the advancement in the technology landscape, either you need to switch to the newer devices that are packed with the latest technologies or you need to update the device firmware to use those technologies without spending on the hardware.