Hot End Too Cold to Change Filament During Print?

moomooholycow

Hot End Too Cold to Change Filament During Print?

Post by moomooholycow » Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:26 am

Hello. I've owned a A30T for about three months now and I've been lucky to get 10 smaller print jobs completed. Larger ones usually fail for various reasons. I've generally printed from the EasyPrint3D program via USB, which often goes for awhile, but I've had problems with it, so I've switched to using either Cura or Prusa and am having _different_ problems with that.

Right now, I keep getting "hot end too cold to change filament" errors on the LCD after perhaps 10 minutes or so of printing. Also, it seems like I get a lot of hot end temperature variations and often a lot of "hunting" to get up to temperature at times and, once and awhile, it'll just sit right below the target temperature, never actually getting there.

Does someone know what this might be? Does this printer--or can it--write a log file so that I (and others) can at least try to figure out what's going on?

I get that 3D printers aren't exactly plug-and-play items, but the amount of hell this printer is giving me has been just crazy.

Thank you for any help you can afford me, in advance.