$700 A30T died after 2 months

Pavel

Re: $700 A30T died after 2 months

Post by Pavel » Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:59 am

The Last Straw

Today I had to stop another failed print after 24h of printing and 200m of wasted filament. Current balance is 10 x 1kg PLA and only 1 mediocre looking Benchy, 1 OK looking multicolored lizard and one excellent looking dog. The wasted material would already paid for a new printer.

I decided to return this printer, because it cannot do even that one thing it is suppose to be good at. It is mixing colors. I set the printer to gradually change color from one filament to another. The second extruder didn't contribute until 35% to 65% ratio. The print result is under-extruded layers and sudden color change on particular layer.

As mentioned above by Abyss2021, it it nearly impossible to get consistent first layer. The flow is inconsistent and the bed is warped. The nozzle is almost scraping middle of the bed and extruding with gaps between lines in the corners. I even gave another chance to 3D Touch, which again made a hole during calibration in the new magnetic sticker! 3D Touch didn't stop the hot end and nozzle pushed through the bed.

I am still waiting for replacement of cable to hot end, which I found with cut wires.

I found out that the filament sensors don't stop printer when there is no filament.
I also found out that every extruder pushes different length of filament through and there is no way to adjust z-steps.

Is it just me who finds it very difficult to feed filament through the extruders?

There is too much wrong on this printer and too many issues to list. I might list them later for consumer protection though. It depends on response from seller, whom I contacted to return this printer.