Trying to print TPU

MichelKesin

Trying to print TPU

Post by MichelKesin » Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:59 am

I have the A30, all stock with some printed add ons for ease of leveling and z-stability.

I want to print TPU and there has to be a way to do it with a bowden set-up, if the CR-10 can do it, the A30 should be able to. I'm even using Geeetech TPU. The TPU keeps clogging up in the hot end, or throat area, it doesn't bunch or pop out by the feed wheel. I'm using a 0.6mm tip, so not sure if I need to go back to a 0.4mm tip, or increase the temp to 245+ from 235, or decrease my flow rate from 130 to 120 +/-... I have tried other temps and flow rates, but after couple passes during the printing of the skirt it stops flowing and I can see the filament reel not moving. I pull the bowden from the hot end assembly and the filament is curled and I can push my plunger tool down through the hot end assembly and the filament oozes out the tip with a little pressure. not sure why it is curling and not flowing out the hot end. I have been following various guides and CURA profiles from others with bowden setups who have had success with TPU.Tweakbox Appvalley https://vlc.onl

Anyone have any luck or tricks to push TPU through the A30??? or do I need a different hot end assembly???
Last edited by MichelKesin on Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Admin

Re: Trying to print TPU

Post by Admin » Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:24 pm

Hello, the best way to print TPU is to use a short-range extruder. A30 is difficult to print.
It is recommended that you can slow down as much as possible, 20mm/S depends on the effect.