A30T different colors on same layers

rotormansa

A30T different colors on same layers

Post by rotormansa » Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:51 am

I have not received my A30T yet, still in transit, but I am trying to understand how to slice an object so different colors (material) is used on the same layers. Envision two cylinders that are fused by 10mm along the verticle. I want the left cylinder one color and the righy cylinder a different color.

The color mixer software only seems to slice on a layer basis, I would want to slice by the layer and column. I've seen demos on YouTube of this but the folks showing this printed on the A30T didn't explain how the slicing was accomplished.

Regards,

Steve

rotormansa

Re: A30T different colors on same layers

Post by rotormansa » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:46 am

Don't have the printer yet but have been reading, experimenting and viewing the gcode files. It appears you must make two (or more) objects and bring them into Cura (or another slicer that supports multiple extruders). Each object gets an exclusive extruder assigned to it (color), then after assigning those you then merge all the object. The gcode seems correct. Waiting for arrival of the printer to experiement.

James417

Post by James417 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:12 pm

Can't you just generate the G-Code for each piece, then delete the startup code for each segment, add a pause for filament change between each one, and append them all together?

Facetime on PC

Matthew459

Post by Matthew459 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:12 pm

rotormansa wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:51 am
I have not received my A30T yet, still in transit, but I am trying to understand how to slice an object so different colors (material) is used on the same layers. Envision two cylinders that are fused Target EHR by 10mm along the verticle. I want the left cylinder one color and the righy cylinder a different color.

The color mixer software only seems to slice on a layer basis, I would want to slice by the layer and column. I've seen demos on YouTube of this but the folks showing this printed on the A30T didn't explain how the slicing was accomplished.

Regards,

Steve
Can't you just generate the G-Code for each piece, then delete the startup code for each segment, add a pause for filament change between each one, and append them all together?