Newbie - New A30 with "Error: Nozzle 0-TEMP"

Cidermonster

Newbie - New A30 with "Error: Nozzle 0-TEMP"

Post by Cidermonster » Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:32 pm

Good afternoon

I'm new to 3D printing and recently bought a boxed, unused A30 which I've assembled this afternoon (it was obvious the printer had never been setup before). Upon levelling the bed and fed in the filament I attempted to a print, the bed heated up but then errored:

Error: Nozzle 0-TEMP
The heating element is out of order

I then tried to turn up the temperature in settings which also resulted in the same error message.

I've looked at the forums and videos of people who have setup this printer and double checked all the steps as per the installation guide and cannot identify the cause. I have since upgraded the firmware as I wanted to ensure I was running on the latest available version.

Although I work in IT, I'm familiar with using a multi-meter as I used to be a copier and alarm engineer but not sure how to test the thermistor, see attached photo of the connections on the nozzle assembly.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Pete
Attachments
A30 Nozzle Connections.jpg
A30 Nozzle Connections.jpg (217.44 KiB) Viewed 4360 times

rubberbudgie

Re: Newbie - New A30 with "Error: Nozzle 0-TEMP"

Post by rubberbudgie » Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:53 pm

I'm also having this issue with my printer but even though it says nozzle error it only happens whenever I start to heat up the heatbed. If I don't use the heatbed then it prints fine. I have noticed that the wires must be loose or not making connection properly because unless I push the wires into the plug then the heatbed won't start to warm up.
Until someone replies to your post, might be worth trying a print without using the heatbed and checking that your wires are all correctly making contact.

Cidermonster

Post by Cidermonster » Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:52 am

Many thanks, I check the wiring.

I'm just wondering whether to buy a replacement hot end and thermistor although I'm not sure whether it comes as a single assembly.

Hopefully someone will be able to help us with our reported issues.

Cidermonster

Post by Cidermonster » Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:26 am

A follow up to my post.

I've since found either a poor connection or faulty thermistor so I will take this out over the weekend to check it over. In the meantime I was see if I can source a replacement just in case.

Cidermonster

Post by Cidermonster » Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:08 pm

Update: I've removed the thermistor and checked the resistance and it is working as expected and the same as a spare I have so having checked the connections, I'm not entirely sure as to the cause.

When I heat the bed before the filament the hot end does get hotter but the temperature still reports -19 which suggests it's not connected to the thermistor.

Judging by the frequency and last posts on here I'm not sure there is much of an audience but hopefully someone might be able to help.

Thanks

Pete

Cidermonster

Post by Cidermonster » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:32 pm

Update on the reported issue - I replaced the hot end which came supplied with a thermistor which resolved the issue.