A30 Jamming Issues

PMC-71

A30 Jamming Issues

Post by PMC-71 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:56 am

Hi all,

I bought a Geeetech A30 printer in January and after months of issue free printing my printer has started constantly jamming.

I've read loads about this but can't seem to resolve my issue. I have only tried PLA but different types from different sources. I have tried multiple bowden tubes and made sure they are all installed correctly. I have totally replaced the hot end except for the two fans. I have tried higher and lower printer temperatures, feed rated, retraction distance etc.

The print starts off ok but then after around an hour stops feeding filament through the nozzle. The feeder cog on the bowden inlet is turning but the filament is stalled. Sometimes I can help by pushing the filament but its very hard to do, other times it won't budge. The problem seems to be heat creep but having tried a lot to resolve this I'm no further forward.

What's strange is that the printer was working like a dream before this but now I can't get anything completed.

I have ordered a new throat fan even though the current one seems to be working ok so I'm not sure this will help or not.

My last hope is that someone on here can maybe help as I'm out of ideas. :(

Paul.

Blue_Collar

Re: A30 Jamming Issues

Post by Blue_Collar » Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:20 am

I have the same issue with a A20T, I just skipped the "dream" phase. The jam is always the same extruder, furthest to the left. Did you ever get your issue resolved?
——————— last update 10-16-21
1). Geeetech i3 pro C with custom x axis, extruder carriage, Noctua fans, PIA magnetic build plate, 3d-touch, Marlin 2.x
2). Geeetech A20T with 3 in 1 out Geeetech extruder (diamond hot end failed), magnetic PIA build plate, dual gear extruder upgrades, Marlin 2.x
3+). Prusa Original MK3s x 2, Mini, MMU2s, Mosaic Palette 2s pro
—using PrusaSlicer, openSCAD