A30 Source Code for 1.58 firmware??

dekes1

A30 Source Code for 1.58 firmware??

Post by dekes1 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:45 am

Thank you for releasing the 1.58 firmware that allows us to add the BLTouch to the A30. However, that version of the source code is not on your Github repository so we are unable to make custom firmware changes to our machines. Can you tell me when that version of the source code will be uploaded to Github?

Lexan

Re: A30 Source Code for 1.58 firmware??

Post by Lexan » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:50 am

A very good question, anyway did you tried to create a bin with the source code whats online in github ?
Could you please do a step by step guide ?

dekes1

Post by dekes1 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:01 am

Here's the process that worked for me:

1) Download https://www.iar.com/iar-embedded-workbench/ for ARM
2) Install the IAR software. WARNING: It requires registering and getting a temporary license from IAR. The software is not hobbyist focused. Poor decision on Geetech's part to use this tool. Hopefully the momentum picks back up to migrate to Eclipse.
3) Download the Geeetech Smartto-IAR source code https://github.com/Geeetech3D/Smartto-IAR
4) Find the GTM32.eww file in the Project directory of the source code and open it.
5) In the workspaces section of the IDE, right above the source code project hierarchy, make sure you've chosen A30 from the dropdown menu
6)There are files missing from the source code that will prohibit it from compiling so you need to copy files from the IAR directory
Go to this location "C:\Program Files (x86)\IAR Systems\Embedded Workbench 8.2\arm\src\flashloader\NXP\FlashQN9080\chip_qn908x\cmsis (or wherever your IAR is installed) and copy all the files except the "core_cm0.h" file and paste them back into this folder wherever you downloaded the source code to: "...Smartto-IAR-master\src\STM32F10x_Core\"
7) Once those files have been copied to the source code location, you should be able to right click on the project and select Make and it will compile. You should have a number of warnings, but no error messages. You can ignore the warnings.
8)All changes you need to make should be made in the "Configuration_GTM32_Pro_A30S.h" file which is under the User directory. It has many of the same settings as Marlin 1.1.x

If you get it to compile and need assistance in uploading it to the machine, i can share how i did that also.

Lastly, keep in mind that if you are using a BLTouch, this version of the source code is not going to work. It does work for the proximity sensor however.

Lexan

Post by Lexan » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:40 am

Ah okay, i was looking for the eclipse type, bcs they wrot that the IAR version have complications in long term prints.

https://github.com/Geeetech3D/Smartto-Eclipse

dekes1

Post by dekes1 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:43 am

Lexan wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:40 am
ah okay, i was looking for the eclipse type, bcs they wrot that the IAR version have complications in long term prints

https://github.com/Geeetech3D/Smartto-Eclipse
Currently they have stopped development on the Eclipse version due to major issues. All of their factory firmwares are running from the IAR version. They have not announced if, or when, they will resume development on the Eclipse version.

I've followed them on their Gitter channel and it sounds like it's going to be a very long time before they bring out a working Eclipse version.

apak

Post by apak » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:01 pm

Also would like to have code of working version, the one at github is pretty obsolete (.61 ver, but older that .58)

hitmano

Post by hitmano » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:31 pm

Well the good news is that I managed to dump the Lopy firmware so I can erase the flash, experiment with the ESP32 SDK and come back to the MicroPython firmware at any moment. If you don't want to release the schematics then at least a block diagram would be nice to see how everything inside is connected and which pins are what on the header.

andrewpiana

Post by andrewpiana » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:29 pm

@apak didnt find any on the web man, i am myself looking. :(

maxhenty4759

Post by maxhenty4759 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:18 pm

Thanks for this informative article, I hope you will get the most positive response especially for this post. . .

target visa gift card balance
target visa balance
target visa card balance
check target visa gift card balance
target visa prepaid card balance
mybalancenow target
check mybalancenow