E180 EasyPrint 3d Ruined my printer - NO LCD

OwnProx

E180 EasyPrint 3d Ruined my printer - NO LCD

Post by OwnProx » Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:26 pm

so i did a firmware update easyprint 3d the official software, Now my lcd has stopped working i have tried all methods posted on this Forum weather it be downgrading the firmware, flashing the lcd with a sd card that did not actually come with the lcd (most people got a 128 mb one) all i got was a 4gb sd card with the machine, right now its currently a paper weight since the update i can control it from my pc but Z Axis has now reversed it thinks home is under its bed so it will just keep trying to drive itself into its plate honestly who knew updating a printer from its own software would totally break it, i feel extremely let down as i was not giving any warning that such things could happen i did not unplug it during update and i did let it complete, i have tried for over 6 hours to fix this i have tried all fixs for non working lcd's (most have a sd card with the screen i did not)

OwnProx

Re: E180 EasyPrint 3d Ruined my printer - NO LCD

Post by OwnProx » Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:49 pm

Also i have only had this printer for 48 hours i highly suggest someone looking for a printer not to get this one its nothing but just sleepless nights.

also just tried using Smatto Motor Tool 1.2 and that connects to the comm port but as soon as i press Get Status it prints out: Getting status failed! Details: recieve data timeout

so i cant even fix the opposite Z Direction either let alone the lcd screen that broke during a update from your own software.

vicyclesix

Post by vicyclesix » Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:57 pm

My new - crowfounded - E180 arrived yesterday, and although your accurate (p)review had already spoiled my masochistic pleasure of tearing my hairs out and knocking my head against the wall while trying to understand why that gizmo just doesn't work, I faced my share of perplexities and disappointments nonetheless.

RichardL

Post by RichardL » Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:40 pm

OwnProx wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:49 pm
Also i have only had this printer for 48 hours i highly suggest someone looking for a printer not to get this one its nothing but just sleepless nights.

also just tried using Smatto Motor Tool 1.2 and that connects to the comm port but as soon as i press Get Status it prints out: Getting status failed! Details: recieve data timeout

so i cant even fix the opposite Z Direction either let alone the lcd screen that broke during a update from your own software.
Similar situation here. But I flashed the printer using the firmware zip file downloaded from Geeetech. I still have black screen. Have you resolve it ?