Levelling the E180

Penfold9763

Levelling the E180

Post by Penfold9763 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:19 pm

Try has I might I cannot get the print table to level. I've tried using a spirit level then the levelling program on the E180 but that didn't work. I then tried setting the table with the screws and then using the levelling program, again that didn't work. What am I doing wrong? All of my prints so far have been printed with the right side printing properly and the left side printing some time later. I've even had the right side of the print working properly and with the left side the print nozzle cutting into and through the tape laid on the table and this is after using the levelling program on the E180.
Can anyone help please?

MichaelK

Re: Levelling the E180

Post by MichaelK » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:09 pm

When I started printing, I had the same problems too.
You can use a spirit level, but won’t help you!
With the level program from the E180 you can only set a global value for leveling the entire machine and you can’t set and save each position separately.
The value in the level program shows you the global level value below

What can you do?
Use the level program and set the nozzle to position 5.
Now put a sheet of paper on the table and use the up and down keys to move the nozzle down until the paper scrapes under the nozzle.
Use the positions 1-4 and do the same now again and you need time until everything fits. You have to find a mean that fits the entire bed.
It is important that the nozzle in the middle of the plate is well aligned. With the screws you can set each corner individually.
That’s not easy and you have to align the positions 1 to 5 again and again until the value is correct on average.
You can print a thin large area after aligning and see where it is thicker or thinner to find the perfect value.

I think you will find a global leveling value between 128 and 130 in the middle of the bed.

Don’t give up and the same applies to many printers, even from other manufacturers!

Best regards

Ming2338

Post by Ming2338 » Wed May 22, 2019 6:53 am

I am having trouble leveling my geeetech e180 as well and aI need help with it

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Wed May 22, 2019 9:20 am

-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

Cjenright3

Post by Cjenright3 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:55 am

Hi wondering if anyone could help the leveling page on my geetech e180 is completely unresponsive