How to drive ventilators and missing beeper

Jarda3d

How to drive ventilators and missing beeper

Post by Jarda3d » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:39 am

Hi,

I have just new A10M (with non flat superplate which will be solved with new by post). But I was make own g-code modifications to print small test things with that non flat surface. Did not have 3d touch, because in-hand leveling is more safe. Now I have about 10 prints (up to 3x3cm) without leveling, only skirt measured with gauge. So it seems more stable than I was expected.

What functions is missing or could be done better

1. hotend ventilators are still on. It could be driven by temperature of hotend and if it is less than 50 deg, then fans could be powered off.

2. box ventilator are still on too. It could be driven by temperatude of key components - stepper chips and MCU have own temperature sensors too. If they are under 60deg, vent could be done off.

3. No beeper! It is very good to beep after all heating, just before printing is processed. And at end of printing - driven by Gcode of course.

4.filament motors have too sharp wheel and too much power, so sawing filament is very easy.

5. something is bad. I setup filament flow by 40% more to get satisfactory results. But it is not possible with temp under 255 deg - I was change limits in printer menu. Otherwise filament motors peel the plastics. I do with ABS.

6. Geetech slicer at Win8/32bit crashed after clicking to object. I use old but good Slic3r 1.31.6 (better printing results than newer versions)

7. pay attention to overall quality of your excellent superplate, mine is like bath. But bottom side of print looks fantastic without glue!
A10M Slic3r profile: here and fresh on github (lot of tips here)
A10 Slic3r profile: here
TIP: tight all screws and wheels (except right side of Z axis) and re-align frame while assembly. And silence it.

LynCAtkinson

Re: How to drive ventilators and missing beeper

Post by LynCAtkinson » Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:54 pm

Thanks for explaining it in brief.