My quick review of the Geeetech Aluminum Prusa i3

Tonnystark

My quick review of the Geeetech Aluminum Prusa i3

Post by Tonnystark » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:21 am

Pros:

Lots of spare parts, labelled

Quick shipping (from Gearbest...6 days from China to Canada)

Aluminum frame is solid, powder-coated

Cons:

Some of the spare parts are garbage (like wingnuts with no threads, or a throat with heat resistant tubing that's not long enough, or power supply that delivers 10.1V instead of 12V)

Some parts are fragile (like the fins on the extruder fan, which snap off ridiculously easy)

Video instructions are not always accurate (installing Z-steppers on wrong side of frame)

Pre-connected parts are not tightly put together (I'm waiting for a new throat and nozzle since the extruder was not tightened down properly and filament oozed everywhere)

Some pieces were not tapped well (Y-Z mounting bracket, or top Z brackets that weren't tapped deep enough)

Summary...I would likely not buy again nor suggest others buy this. I'll eventually get it working, but I shouldn't have to go to extra trouble to make this work from brand-new parts.
Thank You
movies download movies at forum

Jasmin Lowe

Re: My quick review of the Geeetech Aluminum Prusa i3

Post by Jasmin Lowe » Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:11 pm

Wonderful! I have been searching for a good shipping company that could bring my stuff from Canada to the USA. I read uk bestessays reviews of a few companies but that could not appeal to me . I think this company is suitable for me.