One page Starter for your new Geeetech A20M

davesatu

One page Starter for your new Geeetech A20M

Post by davesatu » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:01 pm

Hi to all.
This started out as my simple check every time I do a new print.
Then it morphed to take on a new inclusive idea.
That there is so little info out there for this printer it would be better to write out my steps to get mine to work.
So here it is. Hope it helps a lot of people not to have to go through all this hassle.
Due to a great product having basically no detailed support.

Sorry to all but on 8 May 2019 I am withdrawing all support for this Company.
The original comments below are now being withdrawn by the author.
If they keep doing zilch to support with parts they are very very dead.
Read below to see why it's so bad.

If you buy from Geetech you must remember you will and must assume, in my experience to be very much on your own.

Had 4 Geeetech machines now down to one. Nothing much good to say I'm afraid about support. Supplier only answers about 30% of mail. I have come to the conclusion this is sometimes because they don't know the answer with comments like 'they changed it in March". This I think refers to my request to supply a spare 12864 display for an A20M. Part not on the website. It seems the flat cable from board to 12864 LCD may have been changed to 2 x IDC ribbon ala the Reprap way. The GT2560 ver3 board looks the same. Ask yet another question? Waste of time. Still don't know.

But the final doozy came when I asked Victory Lei for a replacement A20M Y axis end stop.
Sent the obligatory picture. A $2 part. It is not on the website. If Victory had decided to send it there would have been a part number even though it is not listed on the website. Alarm bells? - you bet. And no one wants to talk about it.

So I went to the Geeetech official eBay site and asked if the Y axis end stop could be supplied. They said yes just submit the advised offer price on the X axis model listed and they would change the listing. Did that and my offer expired. Asked what happened and they said do again. Did that and the offer at their price was declined. And again one more time. Seems they are being run by children. The child here and Geetech employee is Albee Deng. He should be fired. If you want to ask him his age send mail it's albee.deng@geeetech.cn

So that's it for me. If you have infinite patience and time I wish you well. I fixed the broken actuator on Y axis by replacing the switch from a spare X axis. You should not have to do this. And in the future I can do exactly what Geeetech did: clone the Creality 10 - with another couple of changes of course.
Last edited by davesatu on Mon May 20, 2019 12:39 pm, edited 8 times in total.

pepgra

Re: One page Starter for your new Geeetech A20M

Post by pepgra » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:15 am

Thank you, your post has been of great help to me, I have had a serious traffic jam and I have not been able to fix it, the block was blocked in a channel and I have disassembled it, when dismantling I saw how the factory assembly was incorrect and a barrel I had the wrong thread.

It seems that there is a lot of work pending with the slicers, what do you advise?

Repetier Host
Cura 3.6
Simplfy

Is there a working profile?

Thanks

davesatu

Post by davesatu » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:56 pm

Hello pepgra

Dave.
Last edited by davesatu on Mon May 13, 2019 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

davesatu

Post by davesatu » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:54 pm

No parts support.
Last edited by davesatu on Mon May 20, 2019 12:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.

mty55

Post by mty55 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:41 am

Much appreciated Dave!
Will save this in my favourites.
Would be great if this checklist grows with more experience

davesatu

Post by davesatu » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:44 am

Tks mty55.

All further comments withdrawn. If you have a part fail good luck.

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:36 am

Hi, thanks for your feedback. Currently, the A20M uses a 12864 screen with a stripline.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!