First impressions

lar3ry

First impressions

Post by lar3ry » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:28 am

Should to allow user to specify icon placement, TaskBar or Desktop.

Settings window is not big enough for buttons, and it can't be resized.
The bottom buttons are just barely visible, and the text on them can't be seen.
Settings.jpg
Settings.jpg (70.35 KiB) Viewed 7659 times
Selected Printer: G2S Pro. Selected Printer Information. Got Exception.
This was on a Windows 7 PC that did not have a printer attached to it, but the exception should be handled quietly.
I have the details of the exception, but .txt files are not accepted as attachments. Let me know if you want it, and I'll send it on after I get back from vacation.
Exception.jpg
Exception.jpg (45.35 KiB) Viewed 7659 times
Requires .NET framework 3.5. Current Wframework is higher. Should accept 3.5 or higher.

It would appear that COM17 is hard-coded into the program. Tested on a Windows 10 PC.
When I select "COM PORT" from the menu, I see only COM4, so if anything, it should look on COM4 for my G2SPro.
It doesn't, but just says it can't find COM17, and to check the connection data.
My printer is set for 115200 baud, so that could be the problem, but if so, that should be fixed by allowing other baud rates.
Selecting OK, I expected to see printer settings, but all that happened was that the error windo disappeared.

I have two printers, and only one is a Geeetech. I did not see any way to configure another printer.
If another company's printer can't be configured, It would have to be spectacularly good before I'd consider using it.

First impression (for me at least), is that it needs a lot of work before it is usable.

lar3ry

Re: First impressions

Post by lar3ry » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:58 am

Well, I found the Printer settings. When I first looked at that page, it was very sparse, with little information.

Now it has more stuff in it, but I can't change the baud rate. When I try, it gets changed back to 250000.
The printer itself gets changed to 250000 as well.
Not only that, but it seems to be changing what the G2S looks like on the Repetier Printer settings, which were changed in rather interesting ways.
1. The bed shape is now square.
2. Printable height is now lower
3. Baud rate changed to 250000

Are you messing with the printer settings used by Repetier? If so, that is a very unfriendly thing to do. A program should keep its own settings, unless specifically told otherwise by the user.

William
Site Admin

Re: First impressions

Post by William » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:26 pm

Hi,
I'd appreciate it if you could offer the ".txt files" about the errors.

As for the Baud Rate for G2s is 250000 indeed,and mine is normal about the bed shape and the printable height.Look the following pic,maybe you forgot this "Printer->printer->G2sPro"?
QQ截图20170113162525.jpg
QQ截图20170113162525.jpg (54.3 KiB) Viewed 7629 times
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!