Problem with screw locking nut on i3 pro B 2017

PrinterHacker

Problem with screw locking nut on i3 pro B 2017

Post by PrinterHacker » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:12 pm

I have received 2017 model updated Geeetech i3 Pro B (updated version). It seems the manufacturer has changed the design of the Smooth rods and the aluminium locking nut to lock the rods. The locking nuts x 8 are listed number 20 on the part list. The diameter of the locking nut is slightly smaller to fit on to the smoothing rids and the screws to tighten the locking nuts have different thread size. They just do not screw in. I have asked for replacement and waiting for their arrival. Does anyone has any experience regarding fitting screw locking nuts.

My thinking is: Either smoothing rods have larger diameter or they have been made thicker for tighter fit and supplied with older rings with smaller diameter.

Lestat

Re: Problem with screw locking nut on i3 pro B 2017

Post by Lestat » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:45 am

I had exactly the same issue, I used a file to deburr the end of the rods, and then again had to open out the locking rings to get them to go over.

PrinterHacker

Post by PrinterHacker » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:25 pm

The rods are made of tempered steel. Burring or grinding the rod ends can be difficult and can damage the rods. If I had a driller I would drill through the locking ring to make it few mil larger.

Gayle

Post by Gayle » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:59 pm

Being a father, it is my suggestion for the watchmen to start saving money for the heading of their youngsters when one more kid is considered. I have visited http://augustafreepress.com/five-scenar ... r-service/ site and put in an ensured spot cash for the better heading of my youngster and presently I can deal with the expense of his enlightening expenses.