3D Touch sensor issue

Giuly03

3D Touch sensor issue

Post by Giuly03 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:18 pm

Hi guys! I've bought few weeks ago a 3DTouch sensor for my Geeetech Prusa I3 Pro B but i have some problem to calibrate.

I've follow the guide that Geeetech provide for the installation and i've done all the changes in Marlin with the values on the guide but when i start the G29 command the nozzle touch the bed before the sensor's pin trigger (the pin touch it but trigget too late). So i have to stop with the emergency button on Repetier. The bottom-flat part of the sensor is at an hight of 8,3mm from the nozzle (i've red that it's correct), but when i start the autobed leveling probe the nozzle touch the bad before the sensor trigger the pin up and stop the z-motor.

I've tried to lower the sensor on the bracket but at that point, it trigger well but during the print the pin always hit the print with all the consequences.

Someone could give me a hint on what is the problem?

Thank you so much!

Giulia

William
Site Admin

Re: 3D Touch sensor issue

Post by William » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:58 pm

When the 3d touch probe is lowered, the 3d touch probe should be lower than the extrusion head in order not to affect the normal operation of the extrusion head (the die is 0.5mm higher than the hot bed and the hot bed does not interfere with the movement of the extrusion head) Height; after the probe is stowed, the height of the extruded head is lower than the height of the 3d touch probe.

Therefore, 3d touch, limit switch, doesn't prevent the printing process.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!