manual and automated calibration do not relate.

spikey1973

manual and automated calibration do not relate.

Post by spikey1973 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:47 am

Guys I'm rueally confused here and am stuck with such a difficult situation, at least to explain that i might need some posts to get the true message understood but i will try it in one go.

i calibrated my g2s manually. did that according to the guidelines from this (geeetech) youtube film.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCa_Bvx8OWs

which is a really good movie, so really appreciated.

afterwards i thought to try to get some fine tuning out of it by setting-up the automated bedlevelling and calibration.
tried that according to this page:
http://www.geeetech.com/wiki/index.php/ ... o-leveling. find it confusing though.. a youtube film like the manual calibration would be highly appreciated.

but one way or another this didn't seem to work. All the probe point are oke. except the 1st one.. this one crashes into the plate no matter what i do.
also it does't stop (at least 15-20 steps.. it goes to quick to count) even though the end stop has triggered!!

first time i though i was completely off with my manual calibration.. but i'm not.
and as i said.. i't only the 1st point. all the others are perfect. and no there seems not to be any special warping at that place...

anyway s my manual calibration seemed to be, and stayed spot on i felt willing to give a fisrt test print a go. ofcourse with my hand on the emergency switch.
first print i did following most (all that i could) according to this youtube film
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSOPsRiiOZk

ofcourse after i calibrated my extruder.
in this youtube film it is mentioned one should also the printing speed.. didn't find any proper explenation on this so i haven't done that yet.

anyway.. i started this print and it went fine, unfortunately i forgot my laptop wasn't on power and i was printing from repertier host. so my laptop fell out and the print stopped. afterwards i have not been able to get the print to run.

seems like the calibration is completely off. but when i try manual clibration it is still spot-on..

so i have a few questions.
1) how can it be that the automated levelling is behaving so strange, any solutions available for that?
2) could there be a difference in automated calibration and manual? seems unlikely but i thought i'd better ask.
3) is there a good you tube film on explaining how to auto-level and calibrate?
4) how can it be that that first print worked so fine and afterwards not at all anymore? even though the manual calibration is still good
5) could this thing with putting rules under the slides be a solution for this, i ask as i really don't understand much about what this is upposed to do.
6) additional unrelated question, why does the bed only start to heat after the extruder is on full heat and not simultaniously?

settings in firmware are.
202.7mm for axis
+1.2 for curve of bed.

any help would be really appreciated!!

kind greats matthieu

Mark

Re: manual and automated calibration do not relate.

Post by Mark » Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:37 pm

1) I was wondering whether your bed is warped at that point, or how about use something to extend the probe and test it again, could it be the endstop not triggered?
2) no much difference, and I suggest you just use the manual calibration , the auto-leveling sometimes have lots of problems;
3) just refer to the quick starter manual provided by the sales;
4) you mean the printer never worked again, is your homing well? what's the specific problem?
5)don't know this...
6) you can heat up the heatbed and hotend at the same time manually before start printing, so when you hit print button then it will take you less time to wait.

spikey1973

Post by spikey1973 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:37 am

Thanks far your reply, really appreciated!
I'm gonna comment back point by point oke..

1) the bed is definitely not warped!
2) oke.. I'll stick with the manual, I have found about about the problems.
3) about that.. I feel that the manual is not extensive enough.. The manual calibration on you tube is. But none on auto-levelling. But since you say to stick with manual.. This is really a none issue.
4) homing is well, but that is the only part.. The orientation seams to be off. Completely.. 1st move it crashes into the hotbed and then moves up . quicker then the normal print. Maybe in a skewed plane. To really know I should run the beginning of the print manually. Point by point. Which I will soon. But not this week.
5) I tried this.. But many of the g-code comments did nothing. So I stopped..
6) yeah i figured the manual part. So I did that. Just feel like it's strange that it doesn't start simultaneously but oke.

Thanks.

Any other tips.. By anyone are really appreciated :)

Greatz matt

syossi2

Post by syossi2 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:53 pm

same here :cry:
printing 3D with M201 Geeetech