Repetier Feedrate setting for G2S Pro

ratcliffe_mike

Repetier Feedrate setting for G2S Pro

Post by ratcliffe_mike » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:28 pm

I have noticed that I can usually safely move the "feedrate" slider in Repetier manual control to 300% without losing print quality.

This is clearly because something in the firmware is not set properly... it looks to me like the current settings are set for a non-delta printer.

I did come across these settings online but wondered what settings we should be using:

Code: Select all

#define BAUDRATE 250000

#define DELTA_SEGMENTS_PER_SECOND 80

#define DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT   {200, 200, 200, 1330}  // default steps per unit for Kossel (GT2, 20 tooth)
#define DEFAULT_MAX_FEEDRATE                  {8000, 8000, 8000, 6000}    // (mm/sec)
#define DEFAULT_MAX_ACCELERATION        {15000,15000,15000,5000}    // X, Y, Z, E maximum start speed for accelerated moves. E default values are good for skeinforge 40+, for older versions raise them a lot.

#define DEFAULT_ACCELERATION                       3000    // X, Y, Z and E max acceleration in mm/s^2 for printing moves
#define DEFAULT_RETRACT_ACCELERATION  3000   // X, Y, Z and E max acceleration in mm/s^2 for retracts

#define DEFAULT_XYJERK               4.0    // (mm/sec)
#define DEFAULT_ZJERK                 4.0    // (mm/sec)
#define DEFAULT_EJERK                 4.0    // (mm/sec)
Can you let me know which settings have worked best for you?

klausfelix

Re: Repetier Feedrate setting for G2S Pro

Post by klausfelix » Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:36 am

I need to know what feed rate is being set when I command a movement through the manual control tab in the repetier host software. The online documentation says that the slider labeled feed rate in the gui is in fact a "multiply" (maybe multiplier? The full paragraph from the documentation is as follows:

"The “Speed multiply” slider allows it to change the printing/move speed in relation to the send feed rate. This function is tested with Repetier-Firmware and Marlin. Be careful if you increase the speed. If you haven’t defined the real limits in your firmware this can cause lost steps during print!"
Source

Is the slider setting an actual feedrate for traverse commands through the manual movenment tab in some units presumably (mm/s) or is it being used to multiply one of the feedrates from the printer settings tab or the firmware (perhaps its multiplying the travel feedrate which is set in printer settings tab). If it is acting as a multiplier to a set feed rate it seems that it is being treated as a percentage, since the default lowest value for the slider is 25.

My Google foo has been unable to find any good answers on this subject so any help would be much appreciated. Also if there is a clear answer it would be nice if someone would clarify that on the manual control documentation page.

JacobHoward

Re: Repetier Feedrate setting for G2S Pro

Post by JacobHoward » Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:42 pm

Thanks for this thread here. I want to know more about this repetier feedrate setting for G2S Pro. Is there any article or video available. Besides, I also want to focus on https://artscolumbia.org/free-essays/freedom-of-speech/ How much do you know about their services? Is is professional?