printing setting and fixing

zhangxueyou

Re: printing setting and fixing

Post by zhangxueyou » Sat May 09, 2015 11:21 am

Aallyn2222 wrote:thank you i'll give these a go, It is 1.75mm. I'm trying pla right now. will these work for both abs and pla? just changing the bed temp and extruder temp?
No problem. But I suggest you print an extra extruder holder with ABS, because ABS can bear higher temperature.

Aallyn2222

Post by Aallyn2222 » Tue May 12, 2015 12:55 am

Thank you for the settings, for the abs I haven't had that good of prints. As for the pla i'm having less than desirable results. for the first few layers it seems to work great then it just goes bad. I'm not sure if cooling has to do with it or not. I'm installing a fan today and will try it again. Any insight to this would be greatly appreciated. attached is a picture of whats happening.
Attachments
image (4).jpeg
image (4).jpeg (154.97 KiB) Viewed 11111 times

zhangxueyou

Post by zhangxueyou » Tue May 12, 2015 9:27 am

Is the temperature of extruder stable? 240 degrees for ABS and 200 degrees for PLA.
Is the filament stuck when feeding that the motor can not pull it?
You can also try an improved slicer setting, see the attachment.
slicer settings(1.75mm-0.3mm).zip
(388.83 KiB) Downloaded 550 times

Aallyn2222

Post by Aallyn2222 » Tue May 12, 2015 11:18 am

I this was printed with the improved slicer settings. I was running it at 200. I don't know why it does that but I have no cooling on the pla at the moment. Could that be the culprit?

zhangxueyou

Post by zhangxueyou » Tue May 12, 2015 3:33 pm

Aallyn2222 wrote:I this was printed with the improved slicer settings. I was running it at 200. I don't know why it does that but I have no cooling on the pla at the moment. Could that be the culprit?
How about printing off-line with this g-code file? Please preheat the extruder and temperature before printing.
PI3B-B04-ExtruderH.rar
(507.42 KiB) Downloaded 471 times

Aallyn2222

Post by Aallyn2222 » Thu May 14, 2015 11:43 pm

Hi I got the printer to start working properly with pla. i turned the temp down to 185 and they are coming out great with your other settings. one issue i am having tho is randomly one of the z motors will stop funtioning properly in the middle of a print and start going the opposite direction/then just do random movements. it'll work fine for 20 layers or so. Sometimes the printer will work fine for days then just do it randomly. I have to completly reboot the printer and unplug it from the computer. after i plug it back in i have to connect it and then unplug the main z-axis(if i uplug the secondary with the extender on it it will continue to do the same thing) and plug it in again. Any insight to why this is happening?
thank you

zhangxueyou

Post by zhangxueyou » Fri May 15, 2015 9:05 am

Aallyn2222 wrote:Hi I got the printer to start working properly with pla. i turned the temp down to 185 and they are coming out great with your other settings. one issue i am having tho is randomly one of the z motors will stop funtioning properly in the middle of a print and start going the opposite direction/then just do random movements. it'll work fine for 20 layers or so. Sometimes the printer will work fine for days then just do it randomly. I have to completly reboot the printer and unplug it from the computer. after i plug it back in i have to connect it and then unplug the main z-axis(if i uplug the secondary with the extender on it it will continue to do the same thing) and plug it in again. Any insight to why this is happening?
thank you
Maybe it is software issue, please try to print off-line.

akos

Post by akos » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:49 pm

i have a problem with wobble too.
3d print.jpg
3d print.jpg (122.09 KiB) Viewed 10953 times
What i see is that apart from the wobble on the z-axis rod coupler there is also a backlash on the bearings and X-axis right end and X-axis left end plastic parts.
I can swing these X-axis plastic parts on the z-rods and the backlash between the rods, plastic parts and bearings causes a stronger wobble.
I don't think i could eliminate the wobble on the z-axis rod coupler but i think this backlash could be attenuated if there was a second brass nut on the top of both plastic X-axis ends and not just on the bottom. Or in some other ways these X-axis plastic parts would be connected to the z threaded or smooth rods on both at the top and bottom as well. Have you ever tried this? does it make sense?