LCD screen button Will Not Scroll

ThaumicMekanism

LCD screen button Will Not Scroll

Post by ThaumicMekanism » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:16 am

My Acrylic Geeetech I3 pro B 3D Printer lcd screen will not scroll. It can read the sd card fine. I am able to print from it perfectly fine when I use my computer but I can't scroll with the lcd screen which makes it impossible to use it alone. The weird thing is it reacts to when I press it but not when I scroll with it. I tested to se if it was an lcd screen issue by borrowing my friends screen and I had the same issue with his screen. Also the speaker on the screen doesn't make any noise. Other than than everything else works, it can read from the sd card and I can print with a computer. Also the reset button works. Also I have tried replacing the wires that connect the screen to the control board and I have the same scrolling issue.

Sherry

Re: LCD screen button Will Not Scroll

Post by Sherry » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:16 pm

ThaumicMekanism wrote:My Acrylic Geeetech I3 pro B 3D Printer lcd screen will not scroll. It can read the sd card fine. I am able to print from it perfectly fine when I use my computer but I can't scroll with the lcd screen which makes it impossible to use it alone. The weird thing is it reacts to when I press it but not when I scroll with it. I tested to se if it was an lcd screen issue by borrowing my friends screen and I had the same issue with his screen. Also the speaker on the screen doesn't make any noise. Other than than everything else works, it can read from the sd card and I can print with a computer. Also the reset button works. Also I have tried replacing the wires that connect the screen to the control board and I have the same scrolling issue.
maybe the sd card cable has problem.you can swap the cable with LCD to verify..

ThaumicMekanism

Post by ThaumicMekanism » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:21 am

I have already tried that. Also it can read the sd card because I tried printing from my computer off of the sd card when the sd card was in the printer. I used pronterface to interact the printer. There is an option for that to print from the sd card that is in the printer, it was able to print fine. Also it could print fine when the file was on my computer. I just can't figure out how to make it scroll. Also the lcd screen is one of those nobs that you can push to enter and twist left or right to scroll.

Sherry

Post by Sherry » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:02 pm

ThaumicMekanism wrote:I have already tried that. Also it can read the sd card because I tried printing from my computer off of the sd card when the sd card was in the printer. I used pronterface to interact the printer. There is an option for that to print from the sd card that is in the printer, it was able to print fine. Also it could print fine when the file was on my computer. I just can't figure out how to make it scroll. Also the lcd screen is one of those nobs that you can push to enter and twist left or right to scroll.
hi,maybe there are cold solder joint or short circuit in the main board.

ThaumicMekanism

Post by ThaumicMekanism » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:26 pm

So how can I check and fix it? Do I need a new board?

Sherry

Post by Sherry » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:32 pm

ThaumicMekanism wrote:So how can I check and fix it? Do I need a new board?
hi,you can test it with multimeter,or using magnifying glass to check cold solder joint.it will cost some time to check.

ThaumicMekanism

Post by ThaumicMekanism » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:01 pm

Sorry I'm not the best at this. Where is the cold solder joint I'm looking for?

zhangxueyou

Post by zhangxueyou » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:31 am

Apart from hardware aspect, you should consider if it is firmware issue, maybe the codes of firmware was not completely uploaded to mainboard.

ThaumicMekanism

Post by ThaumicMekanism » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:39 pm

Could I get the firmware with the setting then. I can't find the right one.

Mark

Post by Mark » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:24 pm

You can reburn the firmware to test it . I'll send the firmware to you mailbox .