3d touch

Rontap

3d touch

Post by Rontap » Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:32 am

Bought my a10m printer 3 months ago with the gt2560 board. Have been trying to fit a geeetech 3dtouch to it help with base levelling. Have tried all the files that are on the geeetech site with absolutely no luck.
When I try bed levelling my z axis raises instead of lowering to activate the 3d touch?
I have v2 firmware installed on my machine. A friend and I tried for 2 hours to get the item to operate, 3 videos and various other help information Have resulted in no progress.
How difficult is this?
Please, someone must know the secret?
Have tried to upload files via arduino but get the message," Unable to compile fir mega 2560 board"?

Admin

Re: 3d touch

Post by Admin » Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:25 pm

Hello, if you have successfully installed the 3dtouch firmware.
Please reconnect the 3dtouch when the power is off, and then turn on the function of the 3dtouch, and then you can directly unplug the limit switch of the Z axis, which may conflict with the Zmin that comes with the 3dtouch.

Admin

Post by Admin » Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:25 pm

Hello, if you have successfully installed the 3dtouch firmware.
Please reconnect the 3dtouch when the power is off, and then turn on the function of the 3dtouch, and then you can directly unplug the limit switch of the Z axis, which may conflict with the Zmin that comes with the 3dtouch.

Smurf

Post by Smurf » Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:59 am

I have the exact same problem, auto home raises the bed instead of lowering it (in two steps).
I tried disconnecting the Z limit switch, but no difference.
Why (or where) is it SOOOOOO difficult to get clear, ENGLISH explanations about setting up ALL THE OFFSETS/parameters to get a 3D touch sensor working. Geeetech loves selling stuff, but sadly their support for English speaking nations is ABYSMAL !!!!!!
The official YouTube videos are next to useless, with no verbal explanations and undecipherable LCD screens.
Thinking of giving up on ever getting the 3D touch going.
P.S Why did they move away from providing Merlin files (my i3 pro B has a BL touch fitted and was a breeze to upgrade its firmware using the Arduino IDE). :cry:

Smurf

Post by Smurf » Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:15 am

In fact, now I'm really upset. To get this thing back to where I can use it again, now I need to reinstall its original (non 3D touch) firmware.
What an ABSOLUTE PAIN the whole job has become. I might even forget about this brand, and go for another better supported manufacturer.