Cable Management

k3tzor

Cable Management

Post by k3tzor » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:09 pm

Hi there, I've gotten my printer after 4 weeks waiting, and now waiting for parts that where missing and faulty.. In the meantime I'm doing the cable managing for the printer, to get it almost up and running.

Can anyone give some pictures, how you guys did the cable managing for the Acrylic Prusa I3 printer? All sides of the printer and a picture from the top view, that I can see how the cables are managed under the heating bed. And a picture from the control board, for looking at the wiring to be sure because of the lack of pictures in the wiki. I've got the Ramps 1.4

Thanks in advance!

zhangxueyou

Re: Cable Management

Post by zhangxueyou » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:56 am

You can refer to this page to see the wiring :
http://www.geeetech.com/forum/viewtopic ... 14&t=16095

retaf99

Post by retaf99 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:30 pm

That link comes right back to this page. How does that help?

zhangxueyou

Post by zhangxueyou » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:33 am

k3tzor

Post by k3tzor » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:22 pm

Don't show me the wiki.. It's completely not up to date, lack of images and information.. Gotten more information about some parts just by sending images to the mail support and back. Need to be sure about the wiring and also interested in pictures of people that has finished the printer so I can have a look

Splynter

Post by Splynter » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:52 am

k3tzor wrote:Hi there, I've gotten my printer after 4 weeks waiting, and now waiting for parts that where missing and faulty.. In the meantime I'm doing the cable managing for the printer, to get it almost up and running.

Can anyone give some pictures, how you guys did the cable managing for the Acrylic Prusa I3 printer? All sides of the printer and a picture from the top view, that I can see how the cables are managed under the heating bed. And a picture from the control board, for looking at the wiring to be sure because of the lack of pictures in the wiki. I've got the Ramps 1.4

Thanks in advance!
Hi.

I don't know how much this may help....can't post pics.....but what I did was this:

I cut 1/8 acrylic sheet to match the triangular shape of the inside of the side panels. Then cutting down rigid tubing ( Bic pen ), I made spacers to allow the panel to sit flush with the main frame edge. Bolt it together and all the extra lengths of wire and cables can be carefully tucked into that space between the 2 "walls" leaving an uncluttered path for the heat bed travel.
Splynter

rosella22

Post by rosella22 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:14 pm

Why don't you cover your bases? Cable covers can help to camouflage cords running along the floor or up a wall, and come in a variety of colors to more seamlessly blend in. Cable covers also help to prevent feet from tripping over any long-running cords, providing an additional safety benefit. Also you can use cord organizer box which will help you to easily organize your electronic cords.