Newbie Question

FredR

Newbie Question

Post by FredR » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:18 am

I am as dumb as they come when it comes to this technology. I have had my A10M maybe a week so forgive me.

Printing from the card is one thing. I read that it is easier to print straight from the computer. So getting the software and drivers is no big deal. However, since I haven't done it yet, it has made me wonder. I take it that the computer is sending code to the printer. Is this just g-code or is it a different format?

Thanks
Fred

_kaktus_
Site Admin

Re: Newbie Question

Post by _kaktus_ » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:23 am

Hi.
:mrgreen:

Yes, you are right in every question you asked and answer :!:

You can prepare your model and save it in STL format. Then you prepare a Gcode file in a separate application.
:D
On the forum I help to use the rod, I don't give fish.
Geeetech Prusa I3 M201 Dual extruder Mixcolor 3D printer, bought 2017-12-19, already built, in the cognitive and improvement phase
Geeetech filament, ABS only
Geeetech 3D WiFi Module for 3D Printer, bought 2018-04-15, He got a new life, and still lies in a drawer.
Positively frenzied customer of Getech Technology.

FredR

Post by FredR » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:12 am

Thank you for the reply here and in my filament question. I have found so many .stl files I want to print, but just haven't found the right place says you do this and then this and etc..... I have to find a book 3D Printing for dummies (like me) :D
I'm still setting up CURA and the drivers so at least I know I'm headed in the right direction.
Thanks again.
Fred

_kaktus_
Site Admin

Post by _kaktus_ » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:51 am

Hi.
:mrgreen:

Don't be afraid to ask questions on the forum.
But only those on which there are no answers. :lol:
Let this forum replace your book.
On the forum I help to use the rod, I don't give fish.
Geeetech Prusa I3 M201 Dual extruder Mixcolor 3D printer, bought 2017-12-19, already built, in the cognitive and improvement phase
Geeetech filament, ABS only
Geeetech 3D WiFi Module for 3D Printer, bought 2018-04-15, He got a new life, and still lies in a drawer.
Positively frenzied customer of Getech Technology.

JohnMSantoro

Post by JohnMSantoro » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:46 pm

It is a very good forum with the best information that people asked in a question or tell in the replies. When I read the writemypaper4me org reviews I found a lot of great ideas like this to get help and find the best results from them.

Bertrand

Post by Bertrand » Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:42 pm

This is quiet a common issue. Thanks for the update and quick reply. I'll be sure to keep an eye on this thread.

myaarpmedicare
Last edited by Bertrand on Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

couponcorel

Post by couponcorel » Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:26 pm

I am new to this forum and I want to ask about the Corel painter software, which is used for painting and poster designing. Now I find a way to buy it at very cheap by using some corel painter 2021 coupon code that can provide anyone a discount of up to 70% off on the prices of this software.

aleksib

Post by aleksib » Mon May 17, 2021 5:29 pm

Online security has been an issue for a number of internet users nowadays as hacking and cyber crimes are at all-time high in every country. An easy way to protect yourself while on the internet is to add vpn chrome extension by Ivacy VPN which helps mask your IP Address and encrypts all your outgoing data protecting you from all cyber threats.

harshgandi

visit my blog

Post by harshgandi » Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:20 pm

Here at https://deathmilitia.com/, we try our best to provide you effortless news updates and trending news which you should read at least once a day.

famousfor5

Post by famousfor5 » Fri May 13, 2022 1:40 pm

famousfor5 is a news portal, where we are provide updated news on daily base which you can read, just follow the link https://famousfor5.com/ and be updated