Arduino drivers for Windows 8.1 64bit

jamesjack

Arduino drivers for Windows 8.1 64bit

Post by jamesjack » Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:24 pm

Hi guys, I just bought an Arduino UNO rev3, and I'm trying to install drivers on my Windows 8.1 64-bit machine. I installed the Arduno 1.5.5 package. omegle. Once I plugged Arduino in my laptop, it installed a driver. However, the IDE can't connect to it. I opened the Device Manager and I'm not able to install the driver from local computer. It just says that Windows is not able to install that driver package (code 28?). What should I do?

jamestez

Re: Arduino drivers for Windows 8.1 64bit

Post by jamestez » Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:41 pm

i just looked it up on google
code 28 mean the drivers are not installed meaning the drivers did not install during setup
heres what you do

1.go to contorl panel → system and secrity → under system there is Device manager Click it
2. under other devices there maybe two or more devices without drivers for the arduino there is only one device
its a serual port i think i can’t remember the name of it anyways
3. right click the device that you’ve want to install the driver → properites → driver tab → update driver → browse my computer manualy → let me pick the driver → click have disk →Bazoocam browse
4. browse the install dir
for 64-bit it maybe in %systemdrive%/program files/arduino/drivers/arduino.inf or in %systemdrive%/program files(x86)/arduino/drivers/arduino.ini
5. click arduino.inf(arduino) and press ok and ok then chose your arduino type and then press next
6. it will install the driver without error
if it has an error post the error code to the forum
7.no error then your done!