Firmware for 2560 v4.1

belairbrian

Firmware for 2560 v4.1

Post by belairbrian » Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:35 pm

I have an A10M which has the 2560 v4.1. it has worked fine for months until today when I tried to add a 3D touch sensor. I installed the sensor restarted the printer but still no options so i attempted to reflash the firmware with the hex file from Geeetech website
filename A10M_TITANS_HW4.1B_FW2.3_20201021-Beta. Not positive if this is the right file but can't find any other for v4.1

Also I get a timeout at the start of the process and can't go any farther.
I checked the com port baud rate and the highest I can set it to is 128000.

All I have now is boxes where the display used to be.

belairbrian

Re: Firmware for gt2560 v4.1

Post by belairbrian » Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:26 am

Just to be sure what board I have, I took it apart and it was marked v4.1b. Strangely the board is red vs the black ones in the parts section.
The screen only showed v4.1 hewn you went to system information. I also had read where 4.1b boards already had firmware for 3d touch, mine didn't.

So I figured this out. kept getting timeout errors using the geetech tool v2.0.
Used Cura 4.7.1 and initially I got a no printer connected. Moved the USB cable to another port and Cura went right through loading the HEX file. Printer rebooted and showed A10M v2.3 on the start up screen.
Menu system was totally changed. Preheat is now under settings and under prepare, leveling the 3D enable disable option is available.

Thought through what happened and realized the USB port I was using was USB 3.0. When I moved to a 2.0 port it worked fine.
When on the USB 3.0 port the printer showed as COM4 in Device Manager. The 2.0 port reported as COM5.
Wouldn't think COM port assignment would matter as long as you select the right one.

Does that make any sense? Shouldn't a USB 3.0 port step down if necessary?