All Geeetech FDM Printers Are Marlin 2.0.x Supported

vert
Site Admin

All Geeetech FDM Printers Are Marlin 2.0.x Supported

Post by vert » Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:37 pm

• I no longer frequent these forums, i can be found on the marlin discord with all the marlin Dev's.
    This is the best place to seek answers for marlin issues or by filing a bug report on the marlin GitHub.

https://discord.com/invite/n5NJ59y

Admin

Re: All Geeetech FDM Printers Are Marlin 2.0.x Supported

Post by Admin » Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:42 pm

Thank you very much for your work all the time! We are very honored that geeetech has users like you. :D

demon-knight

Post by demon-knight » Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:35 am

Hi Vert, Does it support the bltouch out the box or do I have to configure configuration.h?

Also is there anyway version 2.x could be uploaded onto the download page for the A20M with and without bltouch?

Thanks

Edit for the 4.0 board

vert
Site Admin

Post by vert » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:23 am

demon-knight wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:35 am
1)Hi Vert, Does it support the bltouch out the box or do I have to configure configuration.h?

2)Also is there anyway version 2.x could be uploaded onto the download page for the A20M with and without bltouch?

Thanks

3)Edit for the 4.0 board
1) Enabling probes in marlin 2.0 is little more then uncommenting the one you need in most cases, in this case little more then #define BLTOUCH

2) As stated i am not a geeetech employee as such i have no power to fill your request further more it is problematic under GPL for me to personally post compiled firmware. not to mention each and every machine is slightly different even when there the same model making it impossible for anyone but there owner to know there exact needs and use cases. ultimately you need to compile your own firmware by hand to get the most out of any 3dprinter.

3) The pins for the GT2560 RevB/V3.X/V4.X are all the same and the board has gotten little more then a facelift over time nothing under the hood changed.

For all the people that think compiling firmware is to hard you are mistaken little more then copy paste of configs in to place clicking a few buttons. people are afraid of code but the truth is if you can read and do basic math you already know how to code you simply need to learn context. as far as breaking your board there are very few things that will permanently break a board. i speak from experience of a few 1'000 re-flashing's that at times where not even the right firmware for the board. the worst case is possibly overwriting your boot loader but with any in circuit programmer for example a spare Arduino you can just burn a new one to the board. assuming you don't short out anything or physically break something it is rather hard to break a board.

I wont be making a habit of posting here on the forums all questions on marlin 2.0.x should be made on the marlin discord.

GPLv3: https://github.com/MarlinFirmware/Marli ... .x/LICENSE

vert
Site Admin

Post by vert » Mon May 17, 2021 8:08 am

With the release of Marlin 2.0.8.1 most if not all of the above that was only in bugfix 2.0.x is now in the latest stable release.
https://github.com/MarlinFirmware/Marli ... ag/2.0.8.1

This being said bugfix 2.0.x will always be newer then any stable release as they are derived from the bugfix branch.