Geeetech Prusa I3 Pro B locked board solution)

davideiuliani

Geeetech Prusa I3 Pro B locked board solution)

Post by davideiuliani » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:06 am

Hello there,
I've tried to upload the firmware update for my Geeetech Prusa i3 Pro B with GT2560 REV A+ motherboard, but the printer didn't work after the update! With the help of a friend we have found a solution and now I want to help anyone who have the same problem.
First, let's start by examining the different errors:
1) After the update of the firmware with Arduino I've the "MAXTEMP" error on the LCD and this error on Arduino IDE:
avrdude: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage (): timeout .
1.jpg
1.jpg (21.37 KiB) Viewed 34303 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (50.2 KiB) Viewed 34303 times
2) The printer port (COM) was recognized in the various software but it was not possible to provide it with commands of any kind.
3) On the Arduino activities monitor related to a specific COM were not always shown the activities of the printer, to do so, it was necessary to open the monitor window, completely disconnect and turn off the printer and reconnect it before turning it on.
4) pressing the reset button of the printer the situation did not change.
5) the yellow / orange led on the board flashed very quickly.
At this point it was feared that the card was broken.
Important note: During these operations all the cables and drivers had been properly removed from the board except the power, USB cable and LCD.
The solution:
First of all thanks to the intuition of my friend, who took care of fixing the firmware to be loaded at the same time, we found the method to stop starting the "MAXTEMP" error. By initially trying to connect the temperature sensor cables, the result has not changed. We therefore decided to invert the cables and move them one position, so that they were detected as if they were two temperature indicators of the extruders instead of extruder 1 + plate. The result, sensationally, changes. So we get the error "MINTEMP" ... it is not much but it is an honest job.
3.jpg
3.jpg (23.75 KiB) Viewed 34303 times
The printer is therefore no longer completely blocked as before, a minimum temperature error does not completely limit the functions of the printer. However, the result of the loading is always negative and reports the same error, on the screen it does not receive the commands.
But after various tests during what seemed to be only a personal outburst, we realized (because the port window was still open) that following a certain combination of buttons, the messages received were different from the normal start which then caused lock the printer. The buttons to be pressed are the card Reset and the LCD knob button. The sequence is:
- turn on the printer and connect it to the PC by keeping the reset button pressed.
- in releasing the reset button after about 3 seconds, press the LCD button for the same time, then release and press the reset button again. This passage of the two alternately pressed keys must be repeated several times.
We note now that on the terminal window of the designated COM port, we get many more messages than before, among which the reset ones that are recognized!
Now let's try to load the firmware but we don't succeed at the first shot ... It is therefore deduced that the buttons must be released at the exact moment in which the firmware compilation procedure is finishing.
Final attempt:
- turn on the printer and connect it to the pc by keeping the reset button pressed.
- release it after 3 seconds by pressing the LCD button immediately
 and alternate them every 3 seconds until the end is over
 compilation by arduino. To be clear, just
 the firmware loading phase will begin. (release at the beginning of the orange string)
4.jpg
4.jpg (217.28 KiB) Viewed 34303 times
The upload finally goes
5.jpg
5.jpg (192.65 KiB) Viewed 34303 times
From then on, every other upload will go every time without repeating the same procedure, but completing it normally.
The block present was due to a non-reserved parameter in the original firmware found on the Geeetech website, the firmware was marlin-marlin_v1.zip. If the firmware is properly checked before being loaded, there should be no problems whatsoever.
Be careful, therefore, when you load the firmware of your printers, a wrong parameter can lead the card to block if not to breaking itself!

Franco60

Re: Geeetech Prusa I3 Pro B locked board solution)

Post by Franco60 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:30 am

Ciao ,spiegami meglio la procedura ,anche io ho aggiornato e sono rimasto bloccato come te

Franco60

Post by Franco60 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:38 am

Poi mi mandi il file riparato

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:46 am

Hi,you can refer to this:viewtopic.php?f=23&t=17030
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

Gleanders

Post by Gleanders » Mon May 24, 2021 1:14 pm

I need a solution for all of the providing data. You can get help also but first tell me where i make mistake, If you clear this that time it is easy for me to take a perfect professional paper writers instructions which you provided me to get all which is important to understand this page.

romaseriale@gmail.com

Post by romaseriale@gmail.com » Mon May 30, 2022 8:02 pm

Faceți clic aici https://romaseriale.net/ pentru a viziona episodul de astăzi. este una dintre cele mai bune emisiuni TV pentru distracție și divertisment. Tuturor romanului le place sa urmareasca clicksud , Seriale turcesti

mcgowan

Post by mcgowan » Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:53 pm

The article was very helpful to me while learning to solve this problem. You made it very detailed, very happy to read your article words from letters