Newly updated Firmware V1.0.5 for Prusa I3 M201

neilcoggins

Re: Newly updated Firmware V1.0.5 for Prusa I3 M201

Post by neilcoggins » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:35 am

Hi,

I'm also trying to use DRV8825 driver modules with the GTM32 (rev A) board on my M201. I'm finding that the home function doesn't work through Repetier Host, which means every time there is a problem printing (which happens A LOT still) I have to manually reposition the bed and the print head before I can start another print.

Is there any idea of when the new firmware (which fixes the DRV8825 issues) will be available? This problem has been known about by Geeetech for over 4 months now... :?

Neil.

stado65

Post by stado65 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:47 pm

Hi,

Any chance that a new firmware is released for the M201 ?
At the beginning of July, it was supposed to "come soon"...

The solution would be to open the GTM32 board and its firmware to the community.

BR

tom.e.

Post by tom.e. » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:19 pm

sorry guys, but the firmware v1.0.5 is crap.
manual control in repetier host does not work propperly.
y axis does not move, even in " move axis onboard manual mode ".
one/only thing that works is M 92.
disable steppers does not work.
such experiences does not realy force me to buy more geetech stuff.

MatteFugger

Post by MatteFugger » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:48 am

OK.. about 4 Weeks ago I got an I3 M201
and to be honest: by now I regret it
I got the version with GMT32 Rev
So far I got a very few simple objects printed
I am using Repetier-host with slic3r and Cura Engine
With Cura I got the best results so far
Since 2 Days I have the problem, that printing from SD (i tried both the slots the one on GMT32 Board and on Display)
it randomly stops (while I am writing it stopped again after 47min printing)
somtimes then it wents mad and I need to reset to protect it from selfdestruction - sometimes it just stops with nossle and bed keeping temperatured - i still can enter menue but ending job will fail with stopping message but nothing else.
Funny also is the fact, that files on SD which were working are now failing. I tried to reset Printer defaults.
Yes... I am using the Firmware 1.0.5 (which is supposed to be latest one)
by now the last about 25 prints were failing at random slice after about 40 to 150 minutes
so last thing i gonna try is re-applying Firmware and try another just fully formated SD-Card.
Is there any place where I can get some support to sort my trouble with your product? THX a tonne in advance.
BTW... reading the thred I realized that there is some Firmware Update long time overdue? Any Update regarding this?

MatteFugger

Post by MatteFugger » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:01 pm

Update:
- Another few print attemps were failing trying different SD-Cards in both the slots
- i re-flashed Firmware 1.0.5 with no success (flashing without errors but Problem still the same)
- allways printer failed (by now 100% fail) i thougth it has failed in all possible ways so far, but I learned: there are even more ways this printer can fail - doing strange stuff
last times I had the case that after about 30 minutes printing "perfectly" and then interrupting the print to do some really strange movements like homing X-Axis or getting stuck in a loop - reprinting the same cm² again and over again and again

I spend about 2.5 KG PLA for these... "nothing" i produced so far 50 Euro
initially - just to make you notice, that I really try to be patient:
several Parts were not fitting to eachother due bad manufacturing of the acryl parts. (was sanding them to make them fitting) 4 Euro for sandpaper
The tools you added, straight went to bin as they are of such a bad quallity - lets call them useless. tools for screws and screw nut=23 Euro
2 out of 4 threaded rods (the one for Z Axis) I had to replace due the fact they were bendede so much, that z-Axis got stuck/not working at all. =18 Euro
The extruders, transporting fillament, are really transporting fillament, after I replaced them... 2*17 Euro (could get them for 13per piece but long delivery times)
Some expensive Tape, as it was impossible to me to get anything printed on the Alluminum bed 36 Euro
Some special Oil to make the axis moving better (after sanding transport rods) 6.99 Euro
and not thinking about all the time I spend on building, testing, failing, failing, the extra miles I had to make to get replacement for bad parts (guess we are talking about several 100's of Euros)

What do I got for all this?
A 3D power consuming thing which drives me crazy

Lads I gonna try to send this thing^^ back to where I got it from - luckily Amazon Prime Customer - if not successfull I still can have fun throwing the ^^thing out of my Window (there is just the garden so no one gets insured )

thank you for nothing so far

stado65

Post by stado65 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:40 pm

Up !!!

LOL
stado65 wrote:Hi,

Any chance that a new firmware is released for the M201 ?
At the beginning of July, it was supposed to "come soon"...

The solution would be to open the GTM32 board and its firmware to the community.

BR

MatteFugger

Post by MatteFugger » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:18 am

Lads... all I can say: you fully understand how to drive your customers cracy.
Also It seems, that you fully understand, how to make sure, that your customers are not buying any of your Products...

Why not giving a statement? Why not telling: Sorry but we can not help in this case? At least I am aware of situation and have not to wait for nothing.

Will there be any further bugfixing for SD-Card and/or other issues?

This is not a nice way to deal with the people buying your products and finally make sure you are getting your monthly payment

Cup

Post by Cup » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:22 am

MatteFugger wrote:OK.. about 4 Weeks ago I got an I3 M201
and to be honest: by now I regret it
I got the version with GMT32 Rev
So far I got a very few simple objects printed
I am using Repetier-host with slic3r and Cura Engine
With Cura I got the best results so far
Since 2 Days I have the problem, that printing from SD (i tried both the slots the one on GMT32 Board and on Display)
it randomly stops (while I am writing it stopped again after 47min printing)
somtimes then it wents mad and I need to reset to protect it from selfdestruction - sometimes it just stops with nossle and bed keeping temperatured - i still can enter menue but ending job will fail with stopping message but nothing else.
Funny also is the fact, that files on SD which were working are now failing. I tried to reset Printer defaults.
Yes... I am using the Firmware 1.0.5 (which is supposed to be latest one)
by now the last about 25 prints were failing at random slice after about 40 to 150 minutes
so last thing i gonna try is re-applying Firmware and try another just fully formated SD-Card.
Is there any place where I can get some support to sort my trouble with your product? THX a tonne in advance.
BTW... reading the thred I realized that there is some Firmware Update long time overdue? Any Update regarding this?
1.You can try printing via USB to see if there is a difference.
2.Check if you have the whole .gcode file copied to the SD card when printing with SD card(sometimes you unplug the SD card from USB port too quickly,while the copying job haven't finished).
3.Make sure there are no high power machines around your printer,which will emit an interfering signal to interrupt the printing.

MatteFugger

Post by MatteFugger » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:35 am

HI Cup!
Thanks first for the answer!
to 1: Printing via USB works fine so far - except if I have high power machines switching on/off. I realized that issue i.e. If I switch on my Soldering station or a hoover... but it also happened if I switch on/off the lights in the room....
I am investigating this allready with an electrican to protect the power input of the Printer from interfering signal....
To 2: I doublechecked this multiple times and this is 100% sure not the issue - I was checking the files on SD card before and after a failed print and they were fine and 100% equal to the coppy I stored on Harddrive

To 3: I realized, this is an issue while printing with USB - so usually I try to Print in Night when all the other People arround my place are sleeping and then print via USB is fine... so this might be an issue for SD-Card-Printig too I will douplecheck to reproduce this while printing from SD-Card. I'll give feedback as soon as I tested (not home right now)

I would like to ask another question:
I know, you are not "supporting" this, but would it be possible to use the firmware of another of your Printers - i was cross-reading in other forums and if I remember right, there are Printermodels, which seem to have the same Board as M201 - I got the one with rev B .
I am aware that I do this on my own risk, but would you be willing, to tell me if there is a good chance it works out, or would this destroy my board for sure? - Background is, that I would like to Use 2 Single Hotends/Extruder - the 2in1out one is quite handy but I have big trouble printing multiple objects in one print. I tweaked software settings and also the Printersetting, and the results got better, but so far I reached the point, where I tried all possible variations of settings and I am unable to improve result further. I tested to set 1 Extruder to 100 % and used a normal E3D V6 hotend, where I do not have this problem... my guessing: problem with retraction and temperatur (the 2in1out Hotend has quite much space for melted filliament inside and I think this is the problem - more retraction makes resultes better but at some step it gets worse again).

Thx a tonne for your help again.
Mathias

Cup

Post by Cup » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:02 am

Hi,Mathias
I'm afraid you can't use the firmware of other printers...You know,this board you have is not an opensource.So maybe it has the compatibility problem...
But i think you can replace the 2-in-1-out hotend with a single extruder if you're not satisfied with it.Then modify the filament ratio to "100/0",which will be a single extruder.And it would have a better performance than the original one i guess.