Post by IulianM » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:58 pm

William wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:46 am
@maciejm
Hi,
you can refer to it:
http://geeetech.com/firmware/
Hi,

I have a Pro B with a GT2560 rev A+. As the initial board stopped working at a certain point I have ordered a new one.
What I did:
- used Arduino 1.0.1 as recommended
- upload the firmware
The display shows the printer ready but going into Prepare-->Auto Home nothing happens.
I have tried also to get the .hex file (https://www.geeetech.com/download.html?download_id=34) and upload it using XLoader. No error but still nothing happens.

Strange thing, the old motherboard did not required an USB connection to power up. The new one (even is the same - GT2560 rev a+), does not power up unless the USB connection is present.

Can anyone advise what I should do to get this printer back to life? I read so many pages on the forums but not clear at all what should I do or what I am doing wrong.

William
Site Admin

Re: Firmware for geeetech 3D printers

Post by William » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:01 pm

IulianM wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:58 pm
William wrote:
@maciejm
Hi,
you can refer to it:
Hi,

I have a Pro B with a GT2560 rev A+. As the initial board stopped working at a certain point I have ordered a new one.
What I did:
- upload the firmware
The display shows the printer ready but going into Prepare-->Auto Home nothing happens.
I have tried also to get the .hex file (https://www.geeetech.com/download.html?download_id=34) and upload it using XLoader. No error but still nothing happens.

Strange thing, the old motherboard did not required an USB connection to power up. The new one (even is the same - GT2560 rev a+), does not power up unless the USB connection is present.

Can anyone advise what I should do to get this printer back to life? I read so many pages on the forums but not clear at all what should I do or what I am doing wrong.
Could u attach the wires of it?
I think the wires are incorrect.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

Alxo

Post by Alxo » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:40 am

I've updated the firmware of my A10 (GT2560 v3) with Marlin 1.1.8 to be able to use the 3D touch using the firmware I found in this thread. I think I have uploaded it correctly, the printer is able to find autohome and proceed to the bed leveling without a problem. However, when I try to print, the carriage stands still at the 0,0,0 position, the extruder motor gets on and it even makes a weird sound as it pushes the filament out like crazy. Is it there something I'm missing? I cannot find anything anywhere.

Alxo

Post by Alxo » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:46 pm

Alxo wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:40 am
I've updated the firmware of my A10 (GT2560 v3) with Marlin 1.1.8 to be able to use the 3D touch using the firmware I found in this thread. I think I have uploaded it correctly, the printer is able to find autohome and proceed to the bed leveling without a problem. However, when I try to print, the carriage stands still at the 0,0,0 position, the extruder motor gets on and it even makes a weird sound as it pushes the filament out like crazy. Is it there something I'm missing? I cannot find anything anywhere.
I replaced the Configuration.h file to go back to the non 3D touch version and it is the X axis the one that gets crazy.
Last edited by Alxo on Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alxo

Post by Alxo » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:50 pm

Alxo wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:46 pm
Alxo wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:40 am
I replaced the Configuration.h file to go back to the non 3D touch version and it is the X axis the one that gets crazy. Man, you did a horrible job with this firmware
Using Arduino IDE or Cura, when I send G1 to move any axis, the result is always the same, the printer moves X axis and without an X MAX endstop, it doesn't stop. There is no problem if I move the axis from the display of the printer. Maybe the problem is in the Marlin 1.1.8 and how it interprets G codes? I've open the motherboard case to ensure I have the V3 and it is the correct one
Last edited by Alxo on Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:21 pm

Hi,alxo
I strongly suggest checking the "Note" again.
Try to upload it via Arduino IDE 1.8.5
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

Alxo

Post by Alxo » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:08 pm

William wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:21 pm
Hi,alxo
I strongly suggest checking the "Note" again.
Try to upload it via Arduino IDE 1.8.5
Thanks for the reply. I have the 1.8.8. I'll try again with the 1.8.5

fred kaz

Post by fred kaz » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:46 pm

Hi all,

Firmware for the A10M. In the notes, it states a fix for the steps from 340 to 450.

My A10M is showing Marlin 1.1.8 but with 340 steps.

Should I update the firmware to the 1.1.8 from this post with the new E step figure.

Are there any other differences?

Alxo

Post by Alxo » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:40 pm

Using Arduino 1.8.5 was the answer. I managed to use the printer with the BL Touch. Now I'm fighting to get the proper settings of the printer.

IulianM

Post by IulianM » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:39 am

William wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:01 pm
IulianM wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:58 pm
William wrote:
@maciejm
Hi,
you can refer to it:
Hi,

What I did:
- upload the firmware

Could u attach the wires of it?
I think the wires are incorrect.
Hi, would you like to attach a picture on how the wires are connected? I checked at least 10 times and everything looks right in terms of wiring.
Please tell me what info I should share with you and I would gladly do it.