Err : MINTEMP - Prusa i3 X - Help needed

Gérard P.

Err : MINTEMP - Prusa i3 X - Help needed

Post by Gérard P. » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:35 pm

Good morning!

I finally endend building my first 3D printer, a Geeetech Prusa i3 X, and when I'm turning on, the LCD shows "Err : MINTEMP" with "0/0°" for the extruder, and room temp is OK.

Repetier-Host shows :
11:25:47.975 : Error:0
11:25:47.975 : : Extruder switched off. MINTEMP triggered !
11:25:47.976 : Error:Printer stopped due to errors. Fix the error and use M999 to restart. (Temperature is reset. Set it after restarting)

I understood that means something is wrong with the extruder's thermistor or with the Control Board GT2560, and checked the wiring as explained in this forum : viewtopic.php?f=23&t=17030 . But nothing happened...
I used the MK8 extruder and control board in the box product. So it should be operational items!
I didn't print anything yet. As the Geeetech Technincal Support doesn't answer, I'm losing hope... I'm a newbie, but if you explain in detail, I will do my best!

Thanks for any answer!
Gérard P.

siam

Re: Err : MINTEMP - Prusa i3 X - Help needed

Post by siam » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:57 pm

Hello,

maybee the screw from the sensor on the extruder is Too tight, and the line is interrupted ?

regards

andy

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:20 am

Gérard P. wrote:Good morning!

I finally endend building my first 3D printer, a Geeetech Prusa i3 X, and when I'm turning on, the LCD shows "Err : MINTEMP" with "0/0°" for the extruder, and room temp is OK.

Repetier-Host shows :
11:25:47.975 : Error:0
11:25:47.975 : : Extruder switched off. MINTEMP triggered !
11:25:47.976 : Error:Printer stopped due to errors. Fix the error and use M999 to restart. (Temperature is reset. Set it after restarting)

I understood that means something is wrong with the extruder's thermistor or with the Control Board GT2560, and checked the wiring as explained in this forum : http://www.geeetech.com/forum/viewtopic ... 23&t=17030 . But nothing happened...
I used the MK8 extruder and control board in the box product. So it should be operational items!
I didn't print anything yet. As the Geeetech Technincal Support doesn't answer, I'm losing hope... I'm a newbie, but if you explain in detail, I will do my best!

Thanks for any answer!
Gérard P.
Hi,there have some problems in the extruder's thermistor,replacing with a new thermistor may help.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

Gérard P.

Post by Gérard P. » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:17 am

Thank you so much, it works!

Well, I didn't find the thermistor's screw, only one which I couldn't change anything
I unwraped the thermistor's cables, and I figured out that, even if it was holded by a metal ring, the both sides of the thermistor weren't reaching its cables. It wasn't easy to see... So, now, it is reaching the cables, and my printer shows "PI3 Pro X ready". Yay! :D

One last question : I unwraped the cables by using a box cutter, so the cables aren't protected anymore from heat. I used strong glue, but it was obvious that it would melt... What could I use to protect it?

Thanks, again, for the previous answers!
Gérard P.

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:23 pm

Gérard P. wrote:Thank you so much, it works!

Well, I didn't find the thermistor's screw, only one which I couldn't change anything
I unwraped the thermistor's cables, and I figured out that, even if it was holded by a metal ring, the both sides of the thermistor weren't reaching its cables. It wasn't easy to see... So, now, it is reaching the cables, and my printer shows "PI3 Pro X ready". Yay! :D

One last question : I unwraped the cables by using a box cutter, so the cables aren't protected anymore from heat. I used strong glue, but it was obvious that it would melt... What could I use to protect it?

Thanks, again, for the previous answers!
Gérard P.
Hi,you can use Electrical tape to protect the cables.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

nibir

Post by nibir » Thu May 27, 2021 3:09 pm

It is happening because of the sensors on the machine. Check out all the sensors on the machine because something is still covering on top essay writing services can provide you assistance if you will not be able to resolve near your area.